I Successfully Dissolved an Impaction! No Enemas, no Suppositories, No Doctors!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey guys. I have AMAZING NEWS!

As I'm sure many of you saw, I recently posted a thread asking if it was possible to resolve an impaction using Miralax. Well... as it turns out... it was! I'm going to tell you guys how I did it, and I think many of you can too, but just keep in mind that I'm not a doctor or a medical professional, and it may not work for everyone.

The reason I asked if it was possible to resolve it with Miralax alone is because I suffer from SEVERE anxiety about "passing it the hard way," aka getting an enema and just pushing it out, after a terribly painful and traumatic experience at the doctor about 8 months ago. Suppositories also didn't work for me before, and were extremely painful to boot.

The anxiety was so bad that the moment I sat down on the toilet and realized I was impacted again (a bulge of hard stool at the sphincter), I started having a real/intense panic attack, immediately stood up/pulled my pants up, and couldn't bring myself to even TRY to "go" again for the next 10 days.

However, in those 10 days that I was impacted/not "going," I took a full cap (7 grams) of Miralax every single day. It was really uncomfortable every day, but I just kept forcing myself to hold it in, drink my Miralax powder in a glass of water and urinating as much as possible to keep my bladder purged. In total each day I drank about 2 glasses of water, some soda, and ate very very little. I'd eat a vanilla yogurt, and if I wasn't too uncomfortable, something else light (like soup).

And I'm so happy to report that on the 10th day, I woke up, immediately went to the bathroom, sat down, and it ALL came out smooth/watery/loose with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL! The pain was basically non-existent, save for a little "heat" from mild hemorrhoids. It was basically no different than taking a normal poo. I know it's gross to talk about, but I'm hoping that by sharing this I can help someone who was in the same or similar situation that I was. Miralax really, truly works. In fact it worked so well that I didn't need an enema, suppository, or ANY OTHER LAXATIVE.

I am thanking God that I tried this, as I don't think my heart could've handled another "incident" as the hospital. I had a terrible fear of enemas and suppositories due to the severe pain, and an even worse fear of "pushing it out" when it's hard like a rock and massive like it was the last 4 times. If my story/advice has helped any of you, please let me know in the comments... and feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer as best as I can! Thank the Lord!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.