I suddenly stopped taking Propranolol 3 days ago. Please advise me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I Am not Sure If Any One can Help Me Here. I have Started Taking Propranolol About 2 months Ago and Ever Since Then I have had Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea and because of that I Stopped Taking Propranolol 3 days ago. Tonight About 5pm I Started to Feel Awful and Nausea and I Feel I have Brain Fog and I Can't See Properly and now My Eyes are Hurting. It Is now 23:30pm and I have now had To Take A Propranolol Tablet because of how I Am Feeling now. I Truly Am now Very Very Worried and Scared In Case I have Damaged My Body Including My Eye Sight and Heart. Do You Think I have Damaged My Heart and Eye Sight for not Taking Propranolol for 3 Days? I have Read On Many Forums On the Internet It Can Cause A Heart Attack if You Suddenly Stop Taking Propranolol. I Am 42 years Old with No Heart Problems and My Blood Pressure is Fine and Normal. Is It True It can Give You A Heart Attack If You Suddenly Stop Taking Propranolol and Is It True Propranolol can Give You Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea? Today Is the Third Day I not Take Propranolol and Today Marks the First Day I not have Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea. I Just Went To the Toilet Once Today and It was Normal. But I now had To Urgently Take A Propranolol Tablet Tonight because of how I am Feeling and now I Am Very Very Worried and Scared I will have Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea Again Tomorrow because of the Propranolol Tablet I Took Tonight. I Am Also Type 2 Diabetes and I Take a 1000mg Metformin Tablet Once Every Morning. My Doctor Told Me not To Take My Metformin for One Week Which I done as She Thought it Could be the Metformin Causing Me To have Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea. But I Still had Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea When I Stopped Taking Metformin for One Week. Yes I have Started Taking My 1000mg Metformin Tablet as Normal now Which Is Every Morning When I Wake up. I have Been Type 2 Diabetic Since January 2016 and I Started on 500mg Metformin Tablet Once a Day and then the Doctor Put Me Up To 1000mg Which Is Two 500mg Tablets Per day. Once In the Morning and Once at Night Which I Was On for A Long Time. Then the Doctor Changed It To One 1000mg Tablet Per Day Which I Take When I Wake up in the Morning and the Doctor Changed It Around the Same Time I Started Taking Propranolol. I Take One Propranolol Tablet Per Day Normally In the Morning and I Think It Is Either 60mg Or 80mg. My Parents Normally Give It To Me Under Supervision. Also I have Been To Hospital and had Tests Done Which was In the A&E because I was Losing Lot's and Lot's of Blood when I was Passing Diarrhea and that Very Very Worried and Scared Me and My Parents and Family. Hence why We Called 111 and They Told Us I Must Go Hospital Straight Away that Night Which We Done. I had Blood Tests and Other Tests Which came back Fine and Perfect Thank God. My Stools have Also been Tested Twice At Different Times and They Both Were Fine and Perfect. We have Contacted Our Doctor Again Regarding the Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea I have Constantly had These Past 2 Months Since I Started Taking Propranolol and now We are Waiting to Hear Back from Our Doctor. No I Am not Passing Blood Any More Thank God. It Is Just Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea Which I had Up Until Yesterday. My Parents Seem To Think It Is not Propranolol Causing Me To have Tummy Cramps and Diarrhea. So I Am Asking Advice On Here because I Truly Am Very Very Worried and Scared Now. I Truly hope I have not Caused Any Harm To My Self by not Taking Propranolol for 3 Days. As I Said Earlier I have Just Took A Propranolol Tablet now because of how I Am Feeling now. I have Autism and Aspergers Syndrome and Yes I have Learning Difficulties and Learning Disabilities As Well. Yes I Am Disabled With Various Disabilities. Thank You for Taking the Time To Read My Post and I Truly Will Appreciate Any Reply and Advice and Help You Give Me. THANK YOU. Kind Regards ak31121978

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.