I suffer from chronic migraines and have had Botox treatment and now my migraines are worse!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered from chronic migraines for the last 30 years and was given two sets if botox treatment this year on the NHS. I have found that my migraines have got progressively worse since having the treatment. I am assuming i will have to stop this treatment now but has anyone who have had botox found they have had the same? is it true that they can get worse with botox? i can only describe it like i am having constant 24/7 cluster headaches. Im getting desperate with this pain. I use the imigran injection pens which offer me relief for a few hours but because of the cost on the nhs £75 each pen i can only get six once a fortnight. i also take tramadol for my fibromalgia and headaches. I cant go in with this constant pain in my head.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes, the same happened to me and my Neurologist told me that it does happen to some patients. Mine just exacerbated the symptoms and I felt worse for a good 6-7 months. I was hoping that it did not stay like that and thankfully it didn't, so I went back to my daily chronic headaches with migraine at about a 4-5 level which I sit at most days. You may just have to wait it out until it wears off unfortunately 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.