I suffer greatly from allergies and hayfever and so take citerizine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer greatly from allergies and hayfever and so take citerizine/zirtec to help with this.

Mostly, they help to relieve my symptoms (constant sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, nose, throat,light intolerence etc) but i must be one of the unlucky ones as when i take this medication, it makes me severely drowzy. This can really interfere with my daily life eg children, work, socializing. Within an hour of taking a tablet i feel as if ive taken a sleeping tablet and have to lie down and sleep. Does anyone else have these kind of symptoms with this medication?

[i:6f3d0a6596]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6f3d0a6596]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i have exactly the same problem untill my dr suggested the remedy, very simple. if zirteck makes you sleepy take it at night before you go to bed. as it tis on a one a day preparation it doesn't matter what time of the day you take it as long as you take it at the same time regularly.
  • Posted

Just started taking a new batch of Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 10mg on prescription these small coated capsule, have suffered with giddiness and vertigo since . Previously had Cetirizine in a small white tablet form with no ill effects after the first couple of days of feeling drowsy.
  • Posted

i have a same problem, got ellergy from dust or anythin smells bad.. i take dis medician and it works for me. i neva feel sleepy after taking it... its just perfect for me..
  • Posted

i also have the same experiences..

2 years ago.. i experienced my allergy

i allergy to seafood..so,doc prescribed me cetrizine zertec..

it works but it will make me feel so sleepy after an hout took it..

now..i'm free from allergy and i enjoy eating seafood ..

• Posted

I take Cetirizine at night before bedtime for night time attacks of itchy skin. It makes me very drowsy and I fall asleep within half an hour. I find it hard to wake up for work the next day on days that I take this medication - it makes my concentration and motivation very poor/sluggish for 24 hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.