I suffer with anxiety attacks and need desperate help!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been suffering with panic/anxiety attacks for the past few months on and off now; what started off as mere worry has escalated out of control and I don't know how to recover from this point. I haven't been in to work for nearly a week and find it almost physically impossible to get out of bed and do ordinary things like having a shower or eating breakfast. This is so unlike me and it terrifies me to feel myself losing control; please can someone out there give me some hope. My husband has been nothing but supportive but he doesn't know what else to do; I've been to the doctors and have a therapy appointment booked for just over a week away but it seems too far, I need desperate help to get better before this all spirals out of control. Has anyone experienced this before and if so I'm begging you- please could you give me some pointers, I would be eternally grateful!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been dealing with the same for about 6 weeks now. First I got klonopin because it has worked in the past really well for me to shut down panic attacks. Second my husband is also very supportive but didn't know what to do and kept trying to get me to smoke weed (I live in colorado where it is legal and you do to a store to buy it) because that helps him. Well I found out I have no tolerance for the at all but I did find something else that helped. It's a cbd tincture and there is little to no tchaikovsky in it which means so psychoactive effects but it takes the edge off my anxiety sometimes and gives me back some of my appetite. Don't know if it's an option for anyone but they do help and it's natural and if you have drug tests they don't test for cbd only the because it doesn't alter you.
    • Posted

Sorry it auto corrected every time I wrote thc
  • Posted

There are 3 things that helped with my depression/ anxiety. The first 2 were therapy and medication as it got bad . The third was realising that the other 2 dont work fully unless you fight it!

Talk out loud to yourself and tell the bloody depression you won't be beaten! Praise yourself when you have managed to do things and try and chastise your mind when it over thinks.

Chamomile tea and exercise/walks got me through.

It's just st a chemical imbalance and you can beat it x

• Posted

Hi Ellie, I can totally sympathise with u, that's exactly how I started and the the worry got out of my control,  I couldn't eat, sleep of function. That was almost 6 weeks ago, I went to the Dr who started me on Citalopran 20mg and also gave me a small supply of diazepam to get me over the first few days. It's not a quick fix once it has got out of control, but with medical help and support from ur family and this forum u will get there. I know I have a long way to go to get back to my old self, but take one day at a time. Your therapy appt will help too, I'm still waiting to get an appt, I had a telephone assessment. Feel free to talk to me anytime, I find it really helpful talking to people who totally understand what u r going through. Hugs to u x
  • Posted

you sound a bit depressed ellie hence the loss of control.  Try and keep a mood diary each am pm and evening to see how you are feeling. It may help in your diagnosis.

rich

• Posted

The only thing I could recommend is seeing a Dr to get a referral to therapy to try and deal with the problem before it becomes deep seated, theres no quick way out unfortunately
  • Posted

At the very begining of having ptsd and panic attacks yes. It won't stay that severe. You need to see a physchiatrist or your doctor to maybe give you some medicine to help you thru this  part. You are in a crisis state. I promise you over time youll understand what is happening and have ways to manage it. 
  • Posted

Hi there,

I've been in similar situations. 

Do you know what triggerd it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.