I suffer with AV and need some advise please!

Posted , 6 users are following.

i’ve had AV for a year but have only been using Vagifem 10 mg for the past three weeks. Today I have had a really bad day, I have really strange pains that feel as if they are shooting from my vagina to my vulva/genital area, I feel as if I am being cut with a knife and it’s really scaring me, I just wondered if anyone else has had this sensation or should I go and see my GP tomorrow, really worried! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it is ever wrong to seek professional advice. I think you should keep your appt with your GP. Please keep us posted.

• Posted

I’m not sure that pain is anything to do with the vagifem, sounds like a nerve problem. Try some yoga / stretches for the pelvic area. I would see you dr about it if it continues for a few day.
    • Posted

Hi Suki thank you for your reply, the strange pains I referred to previously disappeared the next day thank goodness, but I think you were right, I think it was some kind of nerve spasm connected with the thinning and shrinking of the vaginal tissue. I am continuing with the Vagifem and dare I say, I have noticed a slight improvement over the past couple of days, fingers crossed this continues!
  • Posted

Hi Sheila 

I have AV too , the pain and suffering is endless I have tried everything to no avail including the £40 pots of miracle cures ! Then I read about organic coconut oil and vitamin E capsules . I have seen more improvement in a few days than any other creams etc . 

I was surprised to find the 100 per cent unrefined coconut oil organic at B and M bargains for £2.99 ! Worth a try it's working for me hope it can for you it needs to b unrefined and organic is best . Good luck !

• Posted

Hi Kay, the pain and suffering is endless I agree. I will take your advice and give the organic coconut oil a try B&M Bargains is my favourite store so here I come.

Thank you Kay x

• Posted

Another vote for Organuc coconut oil, the smallest amount massaged into the external tissue really does help.

We don’t have B and M here I. Southern England that I’m aware of, but I pat £2.99 for mine on Aldi 😊

• Posted

I have found coconut oil really soothing too. Make sure it is raw, organic, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil.
    • Posted

Hi Sukigirl

Yes that's the kind I have but been a bit dissapointed as it's flaring up again it's terrible I wouldn't wish this on anyone 🙁

• Posted

Hi Sheila

ill try that thanks .

why isn't there a permanent cure in this day and age ? I enquired about the Mona Lisa procedure but that's expensive and not a permanent cure I've even looked at procedures abroad apparently there's a new one called Diva ! I just want to be comfortable again . Sorry rant over just having a moan ??

• Posted

There is a cure - oestrogen cream.

I managed for a few years with coconut oil and vit e oil but it got worse to the point were I decided to try oestrogen cream and I am so pleased I did - my vagina feels and looks years younger. It is moist, elastic and plump again. Sex is wonderful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.