i suffer with hypothyroidism

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone suffer with high blood presure, taking thyroxine, i take 75mg, and i cant remember feel right for a long time, i get the angrey, then teary, achey muscles, feel fat, i still get really tired, but my blood test says my levels are ok. i really want to stop my tablets, but not sure if i can, doctors tell me i have to stay on them for ever

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn I feel the same been like this for 8 months now and recently found out I have low calcium so now been tested for bit d deficiency I would recommend u get these tested if you already havnt

• Posted

Dear Lynn. 

I had same problem with high blood pressure . Though my tsh, t4 and t3 is normal.

i met with an endo last week who instructed i do a blood work on basic metabolic panel, aldosterone-serum, renin activity plasma. The results is not out . Also ensure your vitamin d, b12, iron and folate are at optimal level. Good luck.

• Posted

I think it is dangerous to stop your tablets, you can get heart problems.So pease don`t do it without a doctors advice.

• Posted

Thank you for caring Yorkrose, but I wouldn't just stop.
  • Posted

Hello lynn, I was replying to another post when I saw your post. Maybe my reply to them can help you in some way. 

Hello everybody. I have been diagnosed with 5 different illnesses: Third degree heart block (Pacemaker implanted in 2007); Chronic kidney disease (+/- 1.51); Hypertension; Birdshot Retinochoroidopathy, and most recent, Hypothyroidism. And about symptoms, yes, I have my ups and downs. As the saying goes, "take it one day at a time." My daily Medications are: Lisinopril 20mg (for hypertension); Loratadine 10mg (for allergy); Levothyroxin 25mg (for hypothyroidism); and a Men's Dietary Supplement (started on January/ 2015). I just started taking Levothyroxin 25mcg in order to have a new blood exam in 8 weeks. I was told to take it in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast. I did that maybe in the first two days, but after some thought, I started taking it during the night when usually I wake up (between 3 and 4 am) to pee. At the end I was afraid I was doing it wrong, and tonight I decided to check about this medication online. That's how I found you guys patient.info - even though I'm not in uk. I also found an information saying that there were two (small) studies (2007 and 2010) showing that taking the medicine at night would be better. Maybe you already knew it. I came here to share this link with you: http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/a/bedtime.htm - In my specific case I cannot report any difference yet. At least, thanks to you ( people on "Taking Levothyroxine at night improved my life" ) I'm not guilty anymore in taking it during the night. I wish the best for all of you.

• Posted

Thank yoU for the information. I never really thought about taking my levothyroxine at a different time because that when my Dr told me to take it. I have just started taking a multi nutrient and iron, but I take that at night, and I am feeling quite well, but it is early days
  • Posted

Hi Lynn,

You may want to consider a different brand of Levo there are about 5 in the uk(not sure where you are)  some people find they react differently to brands however, what are your test results just because your doctor says it is normal does not mean too much.  normally hypo people do not feel well until they are under 2.  I did not start feeling well until I was under 1.  the range was 0-4.5 .  you could be 3 on the tsh range and feeling terrible.  I know I was and it took me a long time to get the doc to change me up.  I practically camped out in the surgery at one point.   I did in the end get a referral an endo, write down all of your symptoms.  If you dont get a raise in your levo, then say you need to find out what it is and request that they test Vit b12 and vit d and fertin and folate as well, these can cause similar symptoms.   Every time you get tested get a print out of the results and keep for your records.

If they are testing TSH then try to get FT3 and FT4 as well these may back up your case for an increase in levo.

But do not stop is sounds to me like you are still under medicated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.