I suffering from extreme physical symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi.. I was diagnosed with health anxiety couple of months ago and since then I have been suffering from extreme anxiety and physical symptoms ... My physical symptoms that are consistent are light sensitivity and flashy vision, muscle pains, finger twitching, chest pains, chronic fatigue, shooting pains in head etc. I have been taking medicines from past 2 months (Desvesflaxine and Etizolam) and have also started with CBT. My parents are considering sending me to a retreat centre. Now I don't even understand when I will be fine and what I should do. There is no issue monetary wise though the people around me do not tend to understand me. Can someone please tell me what works/worked best in anxiety and how long does it take to cure? Also if the physical symptoms subside with time and are they completely curable? One more thing i wanna tell before this health anxity scene i used to get some weird thoughts as if i have hit someone from my car i used to check 100 times i used to go back to the place i drove through.. And then after one day when i was lying down my girlfriend told me that there is a bump in my head i got frightening and i thought its brain tumor or something like that and then after those thoughts got vanished(hiting someone from the car) i dont know how .. If i have ocd though my doctor didn't told me .. Health anxiety is houst my ocd as far as i have read on the google ... The medication is not working much .. I m going for the cbt also now ... Life was amazing 4 months ago i had everything anyone need's in life .. Will the physical symptoms subside ? I cant take this anymore rolleyes

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You sound like me. I'm not as bad as I use to be, but I still have to go back and check to make sure I haven't hit anyone. Germs are my main problem. My anxiety is really bad now because my Paxil quit working and if I try to go down on the dosage my anxiety is even worse. I've got to figure out how I'm going to get off Paxil so I can get on another antidepressant. I don't leave the house unless I have a doctors appointment and then my anxiety is through the roof!! My clonazepam is barely working anymore because I need to go up on the dosage, but I'm not. I've lost so much weight from the nausea and gastritis. I'm up at 6:30 every morning pacing the floors because my body is so restless because I need to go up on my clonazepam, but I really need to be on another antidepressant. I have flu symptoms and horrible headaches.

• Posted

I hope you get better im going through something similar but not nearly as bad so i know how you feel
  • Posted

Hey I totally understand. I have had anxiety since January and have dealt with different symptoms everyday. The worst is the chest pain that feels like really bad pressure near my sternum. It's horrible. I get pains in my shoulders and down my arms into my hands. Every night it feels like a heart attack. I manage to be ok in the day it's just at night. I also end up with terrible indigestion. I don't take any medication as scared what will happen. Does anyone else feel this way ???

• Posted

I experience what u have going on at night also, and I also been having indigestion past few days
    • Posted

I have had a really bad night tonight. Does the chest pressure almost feel unbearable. I have been up all night with it.
    • Posted

Yes it does can't lay down makes it worse antacids don't help much, it's hard to distinguish what's anxiety,acud reflux,or my mind think heart issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.