I sure hope this makes it's way to the right place!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone....1st let me say I'm overwhelmed by the kind wishes and support I've received today! UNBELIEVABLE!

So, I had my surgery consult today. looks like I'll be having surgery within bout a week...they're gonna call me tomorrow to schedule.

they're gonna do a slightly modified procedure in order to have it covered by my insurance! Wfewww....

doc told me she didn't want to delay as my eyesight is in jeopardy right now, she wants to do it asap!

only right eye for right now, she'll worry about left one at a later time.

she DID say however she was pleasantly surprised w/my optic nerve...says it looks very healthy ..that was a concern of neuro-opthamologist.

evidently" I have some type of muscle alignment problem happening which is causing my double vision.😢 that's a whole different surgery!

anyway, she wants to get this taken care of swiftly, as prednisone is exasborating (sp?) it immensely. there's been a significant change in just a months time!

needless to say, miss stresscase herself (yeah me) is quite anxious to say the least!

I'll keep you'll posted....

love all of you!😘

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lynda sounds like you are in good hands! ALL THE BEST!

• Posted

thanks mks...yeah, I have a pretty good feeling about this doc!

on a side note.....my dog (cody) vomited 2x while at my appt. today....just goes to show how contagious Stress is!!😁😕

• Posted

all the best from me too Lynda, fantastic news about the optic nerve!

• Posted

I KNOW!! I was quite worried about that as well!

I'll have to tackle the misaligned muscle at a later time.... 😲

• Posted

What a relief to get things moving and know where you are. Your doctor sounds lovely Good luck! Celia 😃

• Posted

thank you celia...yeah I think i may have stumbled on a good doc this time!

• Posted

Hi lynda 62707

So it is a muscle missalignment that is causing the double vision. Now you know you should feel more relaxed although you don't sound relaxed! I think you should try some relaxation techniques or classes to help you deal with stress. Are there any in your area? The surgery will be fine i am sure. In the meantime do some relaxing stuff you enjoy. You got the pumpkin patch with your daughter coming up just enjoy and have a good time....no more miss stresscase be miss coolcase......big hug and good thoughts your way lynda..image.enjoy the day😊🤗👍

• Posted

awwww! that is sooo sweet!!

actually, I do alot of deep breathing exercises (cuz of my diaphragm/lung situation...and that helps for awhile....but as I've said, I tend to be such a "worry wort"! can't help it....I come by it honestly...it's in my DNA!

however, I like the name "miss coolcase". I'll have to work on that!

question for you....how were u able to send an attachment? I tried to attach a pic of my dog, Cody as he was waiting patiently w/me in the waiting room (prior to throwing up😝). I was unable to do so😲

• Posted

Hi lynda62707

To send the attachment click on icon which looks like a picture in a square left of the eye icon.....then when documents etc., come up....click 'documents' which will then take you to a list where you will see 'gallery' here all your camera shots, screen shots and videos are stored click on whatever you want to attach....for instance a camera picture or a screen shot picture and don't just touch it but press on it....this will take you back to your post and 'loading attachment' will be showing in feint grey writing wait a few secs until it loads then click on ' reply'....hope this is ok for you to follow.....ciao for now..image

• Posted

I am so happy that I was wrong about it being a stroke. Even though you have to have surgery I'm happy that what you have is fixable. Good luck on surgery. Keep us posted.

• Posted

me too amk....SO glad it wasn't a stroke!!

I'd be lying tho if I didn't say I'm terrified of the surgery.

this year has certainly been a challenging one ....just too many health issues....

not used to that!

"just keep swimming, swimming, swimming"!

• Posted

LYNDA,

I am glad it was not a stroke symptom as I had suggested. i had cataracts removed before PmR and pred. THE RESULTS ARE IMMEDIATE? They will give you written instructions for eye drops and eye care - NOT BURDENSOME.

THE TYPING IS A REAL PAIN BECAUSE ONCE I START A SENTENCE THE REST ARE capitalized.

• Posted

Is that a feature of the new format? I use a computer and that doesn't happen for me.

• Posted

It's on iPad and phone and very irritating . Sloppy scripting and easy to put right

• Posted

I KNOW!!

the ONLY thing I AM appreciating bout this new format, is with the present condition of my eyesight, it's easier to read the lg print!

still not loving how I have to SEARCH 4 everything!😠

• Posted

You mean it is a site problem? Have you reported it?

• Posted

Yes, I've reported it. We'll see if it's acted upon..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.