I suspect I contracted Lyme Disease in 2007.

Posted , 1 user is following.

In 2007 I was bitten by a tick and developed the bulls eye rash on my abdomen where I had removed the tick.  I lived in a rural mountain community in NC and was unable to see my doctor prior to the rash disappearing.  I suffer from terrible joint and muscle pain, am having things start going wrong with my eyes, don't understand and concentrate as well as I once did, stay tired ALL the time, night sweats, and other things.  Does developing the bulls eye rash mean you probably have Lyme Disease?  What is the best test for it?  Thanks for any information.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, get the western blot test, skip the unreliable ELISA test.  A lyme doctor will probably start you on doxycycline antiobiotic immediately when you tell them symptoms and rash.
  • Posted

Youll be good, just be agressive. Doxy is cheap like 10 bucks a week. If its bad they might want to IV it you, you stop by hospital everyday for a couple weeks for injection. There is Igenx comprehensive tests you can find online upwards of a thousand dollars, they tell you exact species and any coninfections, but at end of day they are gonna hammer you with Doxy and see if symptoms subside before doing anything else. Doxy is safe and common. It also cures some stds 👍

• Posted

Thanks Mike for the very informative reply.  I take it you have been down this road and speak from experience?  Anyway, I will see my PCP on Monday and ask him to do a test for LD.  Meanwhile I will  Google and see what is the primo test the PCP can order for this.  Again, thanks for the information--have a great weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.