I sustained a severe brain injury and im experiencing neck twitches

Posted , 4 users are following.

More and more often I am feeling a strange sensation in my neck, sometimes a twitch and other times just a strange feeling going up and down my neck, this feeling is becoming more and more frightening as im scared it is leading up to another episode as my injury stemmed from an unexplained seizure causing a fractured skull and then a bleed on the brain sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather,

I found after my bleed/SAH a site called Behind the Gray was very helpful

to me.

After my bleed my daughter found the site, they helped her and when I woke up

I didn't know what was going to happen to me so I went on the site and you speak

to people that have been through what you have.

Good luck

Win xx

• Posted

Hi Heather,

The neck twitching is this constant or intermittent? I have seizures which is normal if you have a nerve disorder, again I have a nerve disorder.

The seizures I have are varied, sometimes Epileptic while others are Functional Episodes. I am assuming you are under a Neurologist Consultant? or Professor?

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les it is intermittant and seems to become worse and more severe when I become tired or stressed.  I am under a Neurologist but I have only met with him once since I was discharged from Hospital but I think it is time to contact him as this is becoming more worrying and as my seizure was unexplained I am terrified that I am building towards another one. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.