I sweat under tense situations and mostly when i am calm too.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I googled it and found that i had hydrolysis or something not sure but can i get an expert opinion on why this is happening

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You probably have Hyperhydrosis. Its not very common and sometimes completely disabling. I had an operation in my 20's which helped with hands, feet and underarms. It worked well for about 40 years but I was warned it would come back and it has, I suffer all over my body. Wear lighter clothes, chose colours carefully so it shows less. change clothes regularly, some times twice, even three times a day. Of course shower as often as you can. Watch your diet and avoid foods and drinks that bring it on, like coffee and tea. Drink the decaf ones. There is lots of information online and a couple of Facebook groups for advice. You will learn to live with it. If all else fails ask your doctor for medication that will help.

• Posted

Also ask your dr to test all your pituitary gland hormones. Mine was caused by excess prolactin which was making my oestrogen ineffective. Medication (cabergolin) for that was like a miracle for me as it stopped it completely. However, now whenever my oestrogen gets low, I start head and face sweating as those gates have been opened.

The anti-sweating medication (can't remember what they are) did not work for me, because it was really all about hormones, Low testosterone can cause it too, as well as thyroid problems.

It is hard to get drs to take hyperhydrosis seriously. You have to be assertive. They do not feel the debilitating effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.