I swollen in one of my leg (right leg) for some long period o time what should I do

Posted , 7 users are following.

@

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kolubah

Your first port of call is your doctor. If you are very anxious about it go to A & E for an xray....

• Posted

Hi Kolubah

Do you have PMR? If so i would suggest reporting your swollen leg to your rheumy if you have one.....

• Posted

Is the leg "weeping"? Is there pain or heat?

Are you able to see your doctor?

I ask because I was on methatrexate for a short period and developed a blood clot in my leg that broke off and ended up in both lungs.

My leg wept, I never had the heat or the pain.

Not to alarm you. Legs swell for many reasons. Your doctor would have to order a special scan (painless) on the leg.

I was shocked and so was my doctor.

Am on blood thinners now, for life.

My personal philosophy, "When in doubt, check it out."

My mistake, too often, is to try and figure things out and sadly, I am usually wrong. I blamed my leg swelling and shortness of breath on prednisone. I was wrong, very wrong.

Take care. MariGrace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.