I take between 6 to 8 tablets of dihydrocodiene a day. W...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I take between 6 to 8 tablets of dihydrocodiene a day. Without this drug and a few others I would be totally immobile and in severe pain.

You do have to keep to what the doctor prescribes you we are dealing with very dangerous drugs you should never take more than prescribed, go back to your doctor and ask them for something else. The down side of this drug is the hot flushes which I get when I am due or overdue my

tablets. Also they do constipate you so I eat fresh fruit such as oranges or orange juice to compensate, very occassionally I will take a laxative such as Califig. I do worry about the addiction aspect but you have to balance the fors and against. I am please at the way this drug works for me.

Condition I suffer with is; Rhumatoid arthritis/lupus/feltys syndrome/reynauld syndrome.smile

[i:0d9a5cccad]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0d9a5cccad]

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i agree fully with everything in comment six but i have not got it so easy stopping the or getting to grips with the constipation.sad:ill:

[i:35fb8c517d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:35fb8c517d]

• Posted

I have been taking dihydrocodiene for almost four years now and apart from the tablets not being as effective as they were,I suffer severe sweating attacks several times through the day and almost continually at night. I take 2 x 30mg 3 x a day. But often take 3 or 4 at a time. I have no inclination to do anything if I only take the prescribed ammount.

[i:3a8d1c7faf]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:3a8d1c7faf]

• Posted

I've been taking DHC for many years and am now physically dependent on them. I've had the usual side effects people have mentioned but the worst one for me, which has only begun to happen in the last 12 months is the hot sweats. They happen frequently during the night and the odd time during the day. I don't know if it's the DHC, the blood pressure medication or the menopause that's causing them, but I do know they're ruining my life. Would anyone like to comment or advise? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.