I tapered off of Gabapentin 2 weeks ago because my skin started burning and my throat and neck swell

Posted , 4 users are following.

I did just as my doctor said to do and tapered off of Gabapentin because my skin burned and my neck and throat swelled. Well, it's been 2 weeks and my throat and neck are still swollen. Blood test came back normal for thyroid but the doctor did sayd my thyroid glad is swollen as well as my shoulders. My Suprasternal Notch is puffy and it has never been. Does anyone know how long side effects from Gabapentin last? I'm also nauseated and just don't feel well. Do you think this is withdrawal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi liz sounds like withdrawal i too had nausea and felt unwell and still do just not on a daily bases any more just keep telling your self it will get better and at least your off the tablets unfortunately no one can say how long they will last I'm a month in and still is suffer x

• Posted

Yes it us withdrawel. Gabapentin is out of your system in a day or 2. Then withdrawel woll start, buring skin and neasea are a symptom. It is my understanding usually 3 months to completely withdrawel .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.