I think I am ill

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am in my 30s. every time I have pain I think it is a illness but I wont see a Dr in case it is bad news. So I look on the Internet instead and see the worst illness possible then think I have that. I worry so bad it is enough to kill my self but I don't want to die

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's just health anxiety in a nutshell I'm afraid. A Dr isn't who you need,but some therapy might help. The root anxiety is the thing that needs addressing, then the health anxiety will go
  • Posted

Deffo anxiety, nothing more!!

Please do go to the Dr to put your mind at rest. But if you are like all other anxiety sufferers' you wont believe the Dr.

I know how hard it is, I've been there, and am still getting through it.

Dont even think about ending your life , that a permanent cure for a temporary problem. My dear,you will get better one day, I promise, but you need to take the first step, and have a chat with your Dr asap.

Best of luck

• Posted

please go to a doctor you trust.

I have suffered from these. stop googling it is very dangerous.

i convinced myself i was ill because of googling and suffered severe pain .

i even tried to kill myself because i was sure i had a disease. 

i am much better . you will be fine soon but internet and yourself are your enemies right now. you need help .

• Posted

Chris, ironically you are avoiding a doctor, but Dr. Google is diagnosing you with something much worse than a real doctor would. In fact, a real doctor will likely find you are perfectly fine. Go to a real doctor and let him/her ease your mind. Avoid the Internet!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.