I think I have a Bartholin cyst I need help as it’s really getting me down

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv had a lump now for a few weeks I didn’t no what it was so googled it and by the sounds of things it looks like I have a Bartholin cyst it’s getting bigger by the day and getting very painful it’s a hard lump about the size of a grape please help with what i can do to help solve this as I’m only 21 and it’s very embarrassing and really effecting my sex life 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I posted about something similar yesterday.

I feel your pain with it effecting your sex life, you need to go see your doctor to make sure and get antibiotics.

Do not squeeze or pop it!

Bathing in a warm salt bath helps too but very important to go on a course of antibiotics

• Posted

Thank you I don’t no why but Iv been putting off going to see my doctor about it I think the thought of it being touched when it’s very sore is what’s putting me off but Iv been very ill the past few days and my friends are going mad at me to just go to the doctors as if could be infected Iv had a lot of discharge aswell recently just wish it would go away 😩

• Posted

I understand, I put it off and was embarrassed because of the area it's in.

But doctor's have seen a lot of things in their profession and they deal with these kind of things on a daily basis.

It's better to go and be uncomfortable for a few minutes to get peace of mind about it though smile

Let me know how you go!

Good luck!

• Posted

Okay so I went to my dr appointment yesterday he wouldn’t look at it because he couldn’t get anyone else in the room he prescribed me with antibiotics anyway because I have tonsillitis atm aswell 🙄 so anyway last night my cyst filled with puss Became even more sore and then this morning it popped loads of puss came out but hardly any blood I still have a lump but a big hole in the middle of the lump now from where it’s popped is that normal it’s also really stinging now what should I do ? 😩

• Posted

Im just now going thru the same thing rachel. i just had my 1st one at 31. Worst pain ive ever had and ive had 4 c sections. Anyway, mine popped on its own yesterday.

Just keep washing and keep area clean wash with antibacterial soap. and my doctor said if it pops by itself try to squeeze everything out. Take motrin to keep inflammation down. Take a warm washcloth and gently massage it and press down to get puss out keep doing it throughout the healing proccess. And keep taking the antibiotic! Wear a sanitary pad to catch pus/blood and change often.

So far im feeling a million times better. I never want this again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.