i think i have an infected bartholin cyst!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am only 16, a virgin and I was having extreme discomfort inserting and removing my tampons over my last period, beginning a week ago. I sort of brushed it off, assuming I was probably just having a hard time relaxing my muscles. BUT!!! My period has ended a few days ago and discomfort has continued so due to research and examining myself as much as i could, i came to the conclusion i have a bartholins cyst, but it gets worse! beginning with sitting, the discomfort has become pretty bad and now it hurts to even walk. Im afraid to bring it up to my mother, shes going to think i am sexually active and caught a nasty infection of some sort, but i dont want this to get any worse. is there anything i can do at home to help this go away?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I put coconut oil and turmeric powder mixture on a cotton swab and slept with it and that helped alot for the swelling but I still had to get it drained because it was uncomfortable and wouldn't go away. I suggest you tell your mom and also show her what it is and it probably happened because of your period because maybe you didn't clean your self that well and dry blood clogged your pore down there. Also make sure you make an appointment ahead of time if you get it drained because I went to the ER my first time and they just sliced it with out any anesthesia and it was horrible! Good luck!

• Posted

To get rid of Bartholin cyst, take Sitz baths 3 times a day with Epsom salt hot water,but not to hot;this will help to disinfect . Cut a slice of onion and put it on the cyst ,this is an antibacterial solution, it helps,change it every 3 hours,where a pad so when it burst it's going to leak fluid either blood or pus no worries, or both. Or cut a slice of aloe vera cut off the green parts and put the white slime on or inside by cyst this will help with swelling, pain .

The Phobe it's called to help with drawing out the cyst. Tea Tree oil(1 teaspoon),Witch hazel (1 teaspoon)and 6oz bottle of Calamine lotion (Calamine Topical Suspension) mix together. Just put everything in the bottle lotion and then put it on gauze or paper towel, enough for the size of your cyst and put it on the cyst,change it every 3 hours. The sitz baths with Epson salt helps a lot. It should pop in 1 to 2 days because its painful for you now that's when you know it's going to pop.I had 3 bartholin cyst and the 3rd one now. Check my natural remedies on Facebook Rosa De Leon a picture of my 4 children is me.

• Posted

I think I unfollow oops, sorry how do I follow you? So I live in Wisconsin, USA the time here is 4:47 a.m. Centeral time ,where are you from? Just the state or country ,just wondering, if we are close. So on my Facebook I have it on public so everyone can help themselves and / or learn about things they need help with. Ok hopefully you get this message before wasting your time at the ER or doctor office ,it is painful, when they stick you with the needle to numb the skin down there. It's not bad when it burst on its own, didn't know mine burst till I removed the warm rag from my vaginal area. Used a wet cloth rag that was soaked in a bucket with hot water with espon salt soak in the rag, I squeezed out the water so it would not be so much water on the wash cloth. God bless you and taking baths are better,or do both. First bath soak and then shower. Or poke some holes in a water bottle and spray it on your vaginal area after using bathroom all the time when your at home to keep your vulva ducts cleared from our natural lubricant build up that keeps our vaginal area healthy .

• Posted

I understand you need to go to the doctor it can go to your blood stream and give you blood poisoning. also explain to your mother it can be caused by your period when your glands are inflamed. so sorry to hear you have this it's been a struggle for me too.

• Posted

yes it can if you leave a cyst too long it gets severely infected which goes to your blood stream. that is why they drain it. this applies to a cyst bertolin

• Posted

make sure you explain to your mother it is veryyy rarely a side effect of stds (and when it is from a disease it is usually gonorrhea or the clap, both of which are not as serious as other things) I promise the doctor can also confirm you are a virgin if your mother does not believe you, i don't think she would not believe you though. That should be the least of your worries. Bartholin cysts are extremely common and you are likely to deal with more in the future. I diagnosed myself with a bartholin cyst from lots of research and i was actually right when i finally went to the doctor after a year of having one and tried sitz baths, Epsom salt, tea tree oil, witch hazel etc. Nothing worked & when I went to the gyno the first time, a lady tired to needle and squeeze it. It barely got anything out and she sent me home to continue doing stupid sitz baths. I went back and begged them to do something. finally a male doctor saw that i was suffering and agreed we needed to do surgery. Then the schedule lady forgot about me and months went by and i felt like giving up or going to the Emergency room. finally i bugged them to get me an appointment for surgery and they did that week. I didn't know until right before the surgery was to get rid of my whole gland and not just the cyst. I am on Day 8 after surgery. 😦 I hope you get to the doctor and get something done about it just know that lancing, needling, marsupialization, word catheter, all have a chance that you're cyst will just be drained and then come back. I did not want to have to remove my gland but these things torture you so it's better than dealing with going through surgery only for it to come back.I still have two skene's glands and another Bartholin for lubrication which is plenty for me (i know you aren't sexually active but in the future)

• Posted

a bartholin cyst can be caused by soooo many things. Any sort of outside bacteria can cause a blockage in the duct , and then fluid builds up and becomes a cyst or

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.