I think I have autism?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Just seeking some advice really.

I'm 20 years old, a few years ago, I was referred for an autism assessment, the junior doctor I saw said he doesn't think I am autistic, but I don't know whether to seek a second opinion.

I have suffered with extreme anxiety since I was 6/7. I used to have a panic attack at any small changes to my day or routine and hated going into school.

It all calmed down once I was in High School, but couldn't cope with school trips etc.

Every change in school would revert me back to screaming to not go into school, even though i was clever and enjoyed learning.

i requested an assessment from my GP, due to ongoing thoughts that my issues were more than just anxiety, and was shocked that my assessment came back with the result it did, but gave in thinking i was just overthinking everything.

Since i turned 18, i have been in and out of work, and have been in stable work since I was 19, and was coping as well as I could being in work, I found out in October that my elder sister who lives at home with me and my parents was pregnant, since finding this out, my mind feels like it has been turned upside down, i constantly feel anxious and i am so overwhelmed by the thought of having this huge change arrive, I cant help but think about the next few years of my life and how i know i'll continue to feel worse. im not sure whether to seek a second opinion and get more help?

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.