I think I have been having some sort of mini stroke

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been having at least 6 a day. I space out for few mins. my right side of face gets numb and right arm gets numb. If it is really good one my leg gets numb too. Sometime I get a headache and sometimes I don't, depends on how bad of an episode I have. When it is bad I get a feeling on left side of head like some is shoving a needle into my head. My speech gets bad when I have a bad episode. I have had these for 6 months, but i get 5 to 6 a day now for last week. I had bad episode at work. I have been told in last 6 months it is shingles, panic attack, migraines. I really feel like it is Tia mini strokes.I can't get anyone to listen to me. I am not the same person I was six months ago. after I have an episode I get very tired. I do go see a neurologist in few days. Been to hospital with last bad episode and was told no damage so was not a stroke, could not talk right, numbness on right side, head hurt. Anyone else have thses issues?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Tammy, that's exactly how they start. And you are doing the right thing. A neurologist is the correct type of doctor for this. They have the most training. Everything you are describing sounds like a stroke. If you can see the doctor sooner, if I were you, I would, before it gets worse. In the meantime, try to stay calm, keep your blood pressure down, and get good rest. One of the first things they prescribe is the low mg. aspirin. because it keeps clots from forming. You could always speak to the doctor's nurse and tell her what has been going on. They might get you in sooner. Let us know and good luck...God Bless! Lori  

• Posted

I can't say that I agree with the other commenter but here's my opinion. It seems unlikely that it would be a TIA six times a day without doing some kind of damage. The one thing that does cause me concern is the speech. The numbness in the face can be a number of things. When you have these episodes you need to go to a mirror or have somebody look at you and try to smile. If one side droops that's an indicator of a stroke. I'm surprised and a little disappointed that none of your doctors have decided to take caution and order a CAT scan of your head. That could rule out a TIA. Do you know what a TIA is? It's when a blood clot forms in your brain but stops for a few seconds blocking your vein and then moves on. Whereas a stroke is a clot in the brain that blocks the vein and stays there causing damage. In my life I've had one stroke and then I had a optical migraine which felt like a stroke and lastly I had a TIA in December. The stoke and following TIA were about 5 years a part. I'm glad to hear you're going to another doctor I hope this other doctor will do the necessary thing and do a CT of your brain. There are so many things that could be. It needs to be checked out.

• Posted

Hi Tammy

I'm not a doctor but some of your symptoms look like what I suffered 3 months ago: a stroke, mild but nevertheless a stroke.

I don't understand what else it could be but once again I'm not a doctor. My only advice is to see another one, maybe a neurologist? But keep positive as I think it could be cured. The head works in such a way that is it difficult to understand what he wants. 

Please see another doctor and keep strong.

Fayçal

• Posted

Hi tammy,

Your description of your episodes look like a stroke. To be sure about it, please see a good neurologist and have a CT scan. It is the best way to find out if you have a stroke not. Or if there is a mass growing inside your brain. The sooner the better. Take good care of yourself.

• Posted

I agree with another commenter. This is too many too many times a day to be TIA. These definitely could be a type of seizure. I had a seizure that they thought was a TIA  called a focal seizure. They have ALL the same symptoms of TIA but you need to get MRI, blood work and look at arteries vessels in brain and neck.

These could also be migraines with aura. They also can give identical symptoms to TIA and focal seizures. They can take away speech and paralyze you.  Please do get this checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.