I think I have fibromyalgia can a trauma really set it off

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there 

this is my first time on this fibromyalgia forum

dont know where to turn really.

ill keep it brief please bare with me.

i was reasonably healthy and I moved with my husband 400 miles away from everything I knew to reunite him with his daughter. 

The house I was due to move to was inhabitable no electric he my husband fell through the bathroom floor into the kitchen we didn’t have money to do anything his step dad lied. I had a dog tied to my door with a note “ take me or I’ll get shot” my husband was nasty his family were unkind I had no toilet. I was near Bradford it was a complete shock. I came form a tiny place in Cornwall.

so my marriage went down my living conditions were horrendous.

Then I noticed my knees where really painful the cold hurt it so much. I got headaches couldn’t  bare the light my eyes flicker.

my back and all round my neck is stiff hard I needed warmth I was low suicidal at times. 

I couldn’t understand what was going on. I had to get up the stairs with my hands and bum!! I was ill every day.

i went to a speacalist who said I have a knee problem and a rheumatoid factor.

I have to add I nearly lost my mum so leaving her was massive.

so I was always ill.

i left my husband and for a while I was okay my legs got better and the aches and pains the tremors ect.

Now I am at the point where everything is hurting I am tired all the time. I want to do something but I have no energy.

I have spoken to my dr who thinks I may well have fibromyalgia I gave to have my hands and feet xrayed bloods taken to rule out MS?

i have read som3 posts the more I read the more I can relate.

When things are bad my pain is worse I just want to shut down. I get breathless feel faint.

it would answer a lot of questions 

please if anyone can help I would really appreciate it

right now my wrists neck back and shoulders are hurting I feel knackered.

I believe that what happened when I moved started it off.

thank you

Vicky

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Could you have been bitten or scratched by by and animal bat, cat, dog? Where there any bats in the house? 
    • Posted

Hi there 

I haven’t been bitten I’m near no Bats may I ask why you ask this?

many thanks 

vicky

• Posted

What bit you and when?  My symptoms started a month after I rescued a stray cat.  I was in contact with his saliva, washing out the dishes he ate from and got some scratches from him. I have been in a tremendous of pain “fibromyalgia” and scary unusual symptoms for just over a year now, I know it’s connected. 
  • Posted

Hi Vicky. I can relate to a lot of your symptoms and I really think you have fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed last week and the relief I felt knowing I finally had answers. Do you struggle to sleep?
    • Posted

hi Gale 🙂

thank you for your reply,

I bet you do feel better knowing.

Ive had so many symptoms people are linking this together my sister a nurse.

my mum was one too. They are not drs I know but it all dds up.

my sleep is hurredous I can’t go a day without having to have a sleep,

In the day at night.. I don’t sleep well I have night terrors so that doesn’t help,!

I hope you find the right help and support you need after your diagnosis.

i can’t believe it taken me this long it was my family who said. Yes I’ve depression  and anxiety but i was thinking I’m lazy m6 memory is shocking mid sentence I cannot recall.

The lack of sleep and good sleep is a  problem for me for years.

ive had massive shocks and they hit me hard it takes ages to get over. Like things that my sister or others would get over  much quicker for instance.

if I take a knock it hurts so bad that hit my shoulder the bruise is massive and it’s really sore.

im sorry to go on just finally I may have the answer. 

Vicky🙂

• Posted

Hi Vicky,

The situation with you sounds no symptoms of any disease, but serious fatigue in body.

The past situation memory impressions manifest in to physical ailment. 

The body and mind are very connected to each other and have a serious impact on each other.

If you can get rid of the past situations impact on your mind, the physical body will recover soon.

The life force energy is blocked by the impressions of the mind, if you can make your self happy then fatigue will slowly disappear and body starts to heal by itself.

Every life situation will condition the mind to such an extent that one starts feeling breathlessness, so work towards clearing the mind with happy thoughts and pleasant life situations.

Hope this helps!

Eli

• Posted

Thank you Elizebeth For your reply

i unfortunately have a lot going on that I cannot controll.

this is why I am so bd atm.

i can’t make a decision I forget what im doing.saying too mid sentence seem to have short term memory loss. It’s very noticeable.

i cannot keepthe stress from my door I do try it still comes to me.

i wish I could forget it all

vicky 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.