i think i have gallstones

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had a scan while i was pregnant with my little girl over 7 years ago and it came up with gall stones. after that it completely slipped my mind. when my lo was 6 weeks old i had extreme belly (upper belly) and back pain which has carried on up until now. i have had xrays and nothing has showed up so ive then gone to physio which has done nothing. 3 weeks ago i have had it the worst i ever had it has been every day no release from it. i went to the doctors 3 weeks ago and he said it could be gallstones so he would refer me for a scan which would take 2 weeks for an appointment. rang the hospital today and he hasnt refered me so rang my doctors back and he is now not in again until next friday and the wait for a scan is actually 8 weeks. would i be able to have a private scan done instead (obviously paid for by me) and would they be able to send the results to my doctor like the ones you have when your pregnant. rather then waiting about 10 weeks.

sorry for rambling on but it hurts so much sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

if u have insurance can u make ur own appt with another dr or with the place that does scan without a drs referral my insurance allows us to do that ...just thought u might look into that,

• Posted

The places that do private baby scans will usually offer an abdo scan without a Drs referral. I looked it up as was thinking of having one as it is over a year since I had one and am on surgical list but wondered about the gallstones etc. As I was not really told much other than many gallstones and contracted Gb, no sizing or anything
  • Posted

Hi Kirsty I waited three months in uk for a scan and would probably be waiting now I was lucky to have private health care through work which I ended up using ,as pain was unbearable. I ended up having my gallbladder removed in jan due to blocked duct which was done privately and  it was amazing from scan consultant to op it was three weeks and one of those was  xmas and the hospital couldbt admit me the same day. I was really fortunate as I have discovered people waiting a really long time for diagnosis and operation 
  • Posted

Forgot to mention I could feel a strange bubbling in my side if you feel anything like this make sure to mention that as  soon as I told consultant knew this it was panic stations as they realised that the bile duct was blocked and everything was really quick after

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.