I think I have health anxiety and I don't know what to do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It started when I found a lump in my breast last month after my Mum was nearly beaten by my step dad. Now, if I see something new on my body or notice something different I automatically think I'm going to die. I know it's getting on my Mum's nerves but it's really getting me down. A couple of weeks ago, I had a meltdown in the middle of the night and text my friend as for three days before that I genuinely believed something bad was going to happen to me and I was going to die. I still do. It's getting me down to the point I was I wasn't me but another person. What can I do about this?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Stop you mixed two things in to this for a reason. You mum was nearly beaten by your step dad? You witnessed this? Do they bith still live in the same house with you? And now you dont know why have severe anxiety? This would be trauma. You have been traumatized and t triggered sime thing awry in you. Im so sorry. Is there someone you can talk too? A therapist? 
    • Posted

It triggered something*
    • Posted

No I didn't witness it but you're right. It has triggered something. They are still living together, they're trying to work it out but my Mum is on tablets due to stress.

• Posted

Where does that leave you is my question love? So shes on stress tablets and your walking around traumatized and filled with fear. Thats messed up. Would she take you to the doctor? Even a regualr pediatrician so you may have a chat with the  doctor have your breast examined and ask for therapy. You are going to have to look after yourself here, i now your 16 but your life is precious okay. You always need to know that!
    • Posted

My Mum would try and get me a doctors appointment to get my breast examined. However, I'm not sure about the getting therapy thing. I used to have a counsellor that I could talk too but because I finished school I could no longer see her.

• Posted

Did u get the lump checked out
    • Posted

No but I have put on question up on here about whether or not it's anything to worry about. I keep thinking its cancer and I know it's highly unlikely for a 16 year old to get cancer but I have no other answers for it. I'm just scared all the time!

• Posted

You have to get it checked out. When I was 15 I had a lump in my breast. It felt like one of those really small bouncy balls that u get out of the little machines.... But they removed it and checked it. No cancer. But it's rare buy possible. U have to go to the dr and they will probably remove it and test it

• Posted

Okay, thank you. I shall try and get an appointment to see the doctor as soon as possible. I just hope it isn't what I think it is.

• Posted

I don't know robyn...I have had health anxiety my whole life...I am 52 now.

I used to think when I was younger...this would pass...but it never ends for me.

I can't even advise you...antidepressents don't help....nothing really helps.... 

• Posted

Hi hon,you are witnessing apparently domestic abuse with your mom and step dad. Its probably triggering anxiety in a major way. Try to reach out and find some one to talk about this situation with. Keep safe and call help if you need to. No one drserves physical or emotional abuse by another person. Xx
    • Posted

Also go get that lump checked by a doctor.
    • Posted

Okay, thank you. I shall try. As for getting the doctor to check out the lump, I think I might have to wait till my period starts. Last time, my doctor told me to wait and see if it's still there and it hurts after my period finishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.