I think I have hiv

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys,

I’m seriously having doubt that I have hiv. I have had sex with a sex worker one and a half month ago and I have  noticed pretty big bumps on my foreskin and some warts on my scrotum. It was so itchy and soon after my whole body was itching. I got some relief from using polysporin and the bumps and wart almost went away. And I also noticed swollen lymph nodes all over. Especially on neck and groin. I went for std test almost after one month of having sex. Everything came back normal. Now three more weeks has gone by and I’m having chills and slight pain on my lymph nodes as well as on my chest. Pain on chest switches from one place to another over time. And also I had pretty bad headache when I smoke and then I stopped smoking because of it. I’m planning for taking one more test. Anyone has got anything similar?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi joshua, I'm not a doctor so if you are really worried then visit a doctor. Did you have a full blood test done or just a sample test? Did you use protection when having sex? Majority of people who have HIV (80%) have flu like symptoms such as raised temperature, sore throat, body rash and chesty cough- none of these you have mentioned (except the itching, but there is a difference between being itchy and having a rash). Headaches and chest pains might be caused by anxiety over the fear of having HIV possibly, or even the smoking like you mentioned due to nicotine rushing around your body. Lymph node swelling can be caused by anything so it is always good to check that out with a doctor. If the lymph nodes are hurting then it is most likely due to infection, lymph nodes do react to genital warts so that can be cause, but if they are all over then get them checked out. 

You sound very stressed and the anxiety might be causing headaches, chest pains and chills but my recommendation if see the doctor. However your symptoms do not necessarily point to HIV. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.