I think I have LS or some sort of psoriasis, pictures included

Posted , 6 users are following.

imageHello, about 3 years ago I experienced extreme itching out of nowhere on the lower part of my bottom on both sides under my vaginal opening. When this started my skin would peel a lot, skin would just come off with just wiping with toilet paper, it didn't hurt at all so I thought maybe it was just normal. It went away for about a year then came back, more peeling and this time it started to turn ashy, white and flakey when I'd itch. The itching would flare up if I even scratched myself so I had to be gentle. After a while my skin looked very flat and shiny, now I experience the whole cycle and its gotten worse and will not go away at all, no matter how gentle I am with my skin. I am 23 and I've been on birth control since 18. I'm thinking it may be lichen sclerosus. image

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

having this same problem. Did you figure out what it is ??

• Posted

did you get a diagnoses? im experiecing the exact same

• Posted

Does anyone know what this could possibly be?

• Posted

Hi Jane,

It looks like a mild version of LS. The symptoms you've described are typical LS symptoms. There is no certain known cause. Some think the auto-immune system does this to us. Most women who get it are older, post menopausal but obviously that's not you. If it was me, I'd stop the BC and check with a gyn. Mine looks similar but instead of itching, mine hurts. Don't know which is worse 😦

What do you put on it?

• Posted

hi, I think my skin there looks exactly like yours, did you find out what it was?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.