I THINK I HAVE MARFANS. HELP.

Posted , 3 users are following.

im 13. let me just say this as simple as possible. these are ALL of the symptoms i have that are related to marfans. yes i do know that no one on here can diagnose me, SO PLEASE do NOT comment to get checked out by a doctor, i know i need to. but having hypochondria, i still need reassurance until my mom can take me to get tested. 

i have: scoliosis (inherited from grandma. actually, almost everyone in my family has an issue related to kyphosis or scoliosis) - i have hind foot (inherited from my mom) im very very tin (underweight, but my mom was skinnier than me at my age) i am about 5'5, i can do the thumb and wrist sign (sorta the wrist sign a little bit, not much) . i have very long arms (my dad has unusually long limbs as well)  they are about 5 inches above my knees. i have asthma,  i have a short torso and long legs. my teeth arent crowded but i do have an over bite. im also nearsighted. no heart problems (that have been diagnosed at least.) i DONT have flat feet, fatigue, stretch marks, nor am i double jointed. my chest isnt sunken in or popping out either. yeah, im 110% sure i have it. and to be completely honest its making me depressed. i have chronic anxiety and this whole thing lowkey makes me want to kill myself because of how stressed this is making me. help. i need opinions? 

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Remember, people love you, and you should also just assume that you have been placed here to help someone else. I'm 44 & I have suffered from deppresion in the past and I truly hope that you currently are not suffering from any physical pain. It is amazing how far surgeons have come and what they can do for our valves.  It is important to eat lots of fruits and vegetables along with daily excersize to help you stay emotionally strong.

If you already made it here and are speaking out you have begun to fight and have the will to survive.

Best wishes, & stay strong!

• Posted

I am sorry you are feeling so stressed it is difficult being a teenager and coping with the demands upon you. Please talk to your family on your concerns, they would be upset that you feel like this. If you feel low think about talking to Student support teacher at school or the Samaritain's. It is easy in today's world to look at symptoms and get scary diagnosis. Life has a habit of not being as bad as you think it will be, the mind can play nasty tricks. Teenagers tend to be more aware of their bodies but more likely than not all is well. I hope you manage to get confirmation soon that your concerns are unfounded, it is more probable that a serious condition would have been picked up by now. I wish you the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.