I think I have ms, but I’m scared about going doctors

Posted , 3 users are following.

so... this whole thing started about 6 months ago when i started getting very really random but quite painful sensations in my chest which i thought nothing of until i nearly collapsed from the pain while driving on the motorway. it almost felt like what i think a heart attack would feel like so you can imagine it was a scary experience. im not the type to worry about anything so although the ordeal shook me up i didnt tell anyone or seek medical help etc. fast forward 4 months and this pain "sensation" starts "spreading" down my body. the same sightly painful and tingling sensation i felt in my cheat has started in my lower legs. then about 3 months ago i collapsed inside a pub toilet from the same random pain that comes and goes in my chest. again i thought nothing of it ( there is a re-occurring theme here) . i eventually thought this whole sensation would vanish over night but over the last two months it has only got worse and the pain in my legs makes it hard to sleep. now 1 week ago i had an extremely scary but very embarrassing experience on a busy train when i got the same sensation through my body and i ended up collapsing and i woke up to lots of busy commuters asking if i was okay because they said that i "just dropped and started to fit". my uncle has MS and my 20 year old cousin has just been diagnosed with MS and after googling the symptoms for MS i unfortunately fit a lot of them. so (apologies for the long introduction lol) there is this thought in my back pf my mind about me having MS but im too worried to be told if i do or dont have it by a GP.

im a 19 year old male who is getting quite worried over the whole situation and i havent talked to my parents about it due to family problems they are both going through ( i dont want to give them something else to worry about)

Any type of professional advise will be appreciated!

thanks,

Matt

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

are you just off balance or are your legs giving out and collapsing or are you collapsing and not remembering like having a seizure?

• Posted

this tingling pain sensation will come and go throughout the day and sometimes it gets so bad that i start becoming very light headed and dizzy. the two times ive passed out from it i have become very disorientated from the experience. when i collapsed on the train people around be said that i "fit" when i was unconscious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.