I think I have Sjogren's need info

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am just sure I have Sjorgren's syndrome as I have every single symptom. I have an appointment to see my doctor on Tuesday. My question is can this disease be diagnosed with blood work or does it have to be diagnosed with a lip biopsy? Should it be brought up to my GP or to my rheumatologist. I have an appointment with both doctors coming up. Which is better to handle this disease?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been suffering for 3 years now . With full body pain ,dry eyes, dry mouth but I know that is through medication and inhalers I take . I was taken off one of my meds that says can cause dry mouth and my mouth is not too bad.for 3 years I have been told I have fibromyalgia but because that was not a proper diagnosis they decided to do blood test for Sjögren's which came back negative so was sent for lip biopsy the first one came back unsuccessful so had to have another the day I will never forget 11/11/16 the day my brother died suddenly.the results of my second biopsy came back clinical suggestion of Sjögren's. So now it's back to the rheumatologists . I must say I'm getting worse as regards the pain , the weakness in my hands , arms , legs the pains in my neck, shoulders back and hips. I been trying to keep up with some kind of excise as I used to . Ride a bike for 24 years did Zumba and Zumba toning  3 times a week plus swimming 2 a week. I loved it . But now there is nothing I can do with out suffering the next day . I was pushing my self to walk at least 30 mins a day but my legs have become like jelly and I have nearly fallen over so has knock my confidence of going out. I feel safer indoors . Has any one else got these symptoms with Sjögren's syndrome. I know loads of people with fibromyalgia who I talk to and say they feel I have fibromyalgia with all these symptoms I have . But now I'm confused . No one had ever heard of Sjögren's syndrome in fact I have never heard of it till now . So it's back to the rheumatologist in march to see we're we go .???

• Posted

Hi Marilyn ..This is all very new to me too but I started with hand and feet problems so got reffered to neurologist who did lots of test and said I had peri pherel neuropathy to small fibre nerves..been taking Meds but don't feel and different if honest..then the dry eyes and mouth started and my health changed over night I lost 4 stone in 5 months and still loosing but rheumatology has been fantastic and still learning about sjogrens hope you get your answers in March x

• Posted

Hi Marilyn

I'm sorry you're having so many symptoms, and also sorry I can't answer your question. But I will say this: unless & until a doctor says that we shouldn't exercise, we need to keep at it. If all that we can do is hang onto the back of a sofaor chair while we walk or March in place for 5 minutes, 3 or more than times daily, that's far far better than the alternative. There are also many programs of sitting exercises. Just do what you can and don't give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.