I think I have vulvar papillomatosis but I’m not sure, help!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m 18 and I’ve never had intercourse. Recently I’ve been more conscious about my vagina’s appearance bcs I’ve got a bf and he wants to do it with me, but last night I took a flash photo to check what the insides of my vagina look like and I kinda freaked out.

There’s this cluster of super tiny transparent fluid sacs on the flap (lips?). Mostly on the left flap!!! It’s not painful or itchy, I’ve always felt it there when I masturbated but I never knew it looked that scary... I did some research and at first I thought I had herpes which could be possible bcs I’ve done oral 2 years back but I doubt the guy had herpes. After a while I found out about vulvar papillomatosis and I suppose I have that!

Has anyone ever had it removed before? I know it’s not necessary to treat it but it’s making me very insecure about myself. I wish to have it taken out but I’m afraid of the procedure and pain. I also hope it’s not too expensive bcs I’m not planning to tell my parents about it! 

Replies would be appreciated 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good morning.  First of all your not weird.  Did you ever have a talk with your mother to ask her about this problem.  I look it up because I never heard of this before.  It does say in the article that I read that you can't get it from sex.  And being you had oral once.  So I would not worry.  You do have a mucus plug that will brake the first time and bleed.  But you are 18 and do you feel you are ready for sex with your boyfriend.  How old is he and how long have you been together.  I am going to try to talk to you like a Father.  My daughter and I had a talk when she was about 16 after her Mother had a talk.  I try to answer her the best I know.  Are you ready to have sex.  Do you want to have sex or is your boyfriend pushing you to.  Sex for sex is not right.  If you are ready you will know and if it the right person and if you trust them.  Because once you do it you will not be a virgin again. I'm 62 years old I did not have sex with anyone till I was 24 and it was not with a girl that I married.  It went so quick I did not enjoy it.  I got married the next year to someone that I fell in love with on our wedding night we did it 4 times.  But that was me.  I can't tell you to have sex or not do but you need to be sure you want to.  And this guy does not just want to have sex because he want to be the first.  But to put your mind at rest go to a women doctor and have a check up to make sure all is right and get some birth control pills to protect yourself......Ken      

• Posted

Good advice Ken. I hope weirdo01716 reads your post. Weirdo, don't have sex because you think its time, have it because you love the person you're with. You can only give your virginity to someone once. Maybe it sounds old fashion but its true. And remember, if you do decide to have sex use a condom even if you';re on another form of birth control. Just read this forum with all the people worrying if they have an STD. Its a lot of stress. And don't for a second listen to your boy friend if he says sex is better without a condom or you woul;d if you loved me. Stand your ground girl. Its YOUR body.

• Posted

Thanks  That is the way I feel.  I was raised that way.  I had a girlfriend from the time I was 11 till the time I was 19 we never did nothing other then kissing.  I was raised to respect women.  Sex is better with a person you are in love with.  You should never have sex with someone that you don't ever know.  Just to do it and get it over with.    Take care  Ken   

• Posted

Your bf isn’t gonna care what your vagina looks like.

I had a baby and my vagina is a little odd looking but it’s never turned my boyfriend off. 

Just be confident, your man will love that 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.