I think I'm allergic to Livial. Feel deadfall after 18 days. How long before it is out of my system?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am allergic to most antibiotics and had a serious problem with Remifemin. So GP started me on Livial. Massive aches and pains, itchy and dizzy today. Am going to stop taking it but am wondering how long it will take to get it out of my system as I feel so unwell. I wish I hadn't started it. It has made all of my menopausal problems worse.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annette

Are you sure its not just withdrawal from your previous hrt? I felt awful first week on Tibolone but it was withdrawal from my Femoston. Now feel great. Hope you managed to sort things out.

• Posted

Hi Jane

Thanks for getting back to me. I wasn't on any other HRT. I am allergic to many things including most antibiotics. I had also had liver failure from Remifemin. I've felt largely better since stopping Livial but of course no improvement in the symptoms for which I had taken it. My doctor doesn't believe that I am allergic but I'm not willing to risk it. Also I am 5 years past menopause and I think starting HRT can be less effective then. Thanks again and I'm glad it is working for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.