I think I'm depress but I am not sure. Sometimes I think maybe I am just overreacting but Idk

Posted , 7 users are following.

These feelings started last December. It was actually after 12 am of Christmas that I started feeling down. That I am sad with no reason and I feel that my whole year will full of miserable, problems and sadness. After New Year I don't know but I don't understand what I am feeling. It seems like I was just living and waking up every day just to breathe then sleep again but sadly I really can't sleep peacefully because I don't know It's just so hard for me to sleep.

Weeks has passed and I am just doing everything I can to survive. I finish all my school subjects and everything but even though it's school breaks I still feel tired. Then I decided to shift my course because I don't like my course but sadly there is no slot on the course I want to shift so I decided to stop for now and still processing my papers to officially drop from my current school.

Even though after all that thing. I still feel sad? lost? I don't know. I can't describe what I am really feeling.

Sometimes I think of an scenario where and how to die peacefully and in a right way or gives an impact to everyone that people needs emotional help.

Sometimes I just suddenly cry without a reason and fighting with my head not to kill myself. Because I want to live but I also want to die. I don't know but I think I want to live or maybe not. I really don't know.

Sometimes I am just lost while sitting in my chair and then get sad. I know I am not making sense with my post. I too don't understand myself and what I am thinking or doing or what I really want. I think I am lost. I don't know. Please just tell me what is wrong with me and what should I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hannah I am so sorry that you are feeling sad and I want you to know that you are not alone. Millions of people suffer from depression and that sounds like what you are going through. your post makes perfect sense.

in life there are valleys and hills and when we are in the valley, there’s always a way to get out. Right now you need some support from somebody who can really help you to feel better. Do you have any family or friends you can at least talk to for now? I would really suggest that you get some counseling for this because it’s difficult to do alone when you’re trying to get out of depression. Many people including myself do virtual counseling right at home and it works great!

you are still very young and you have your whole life in front of you. Never ever ever give up! One day you’ll look back on this and be glad that you are here and that you got some help. You owe that to yourself.

I know what depression feels like and I also know what it feels like to come out of that and find peace and joy! Here are some things I would suggest

1. if you are an adult you can set up some counseling in person or virtually. If you’re not an adult yet, please talk to your parents
    2. while you are waiting for that, every day make it a habit to think positive thoughts, listen to some great positive affirmations on YouTube. They also have some great meditations for depression, anxiety etc.
    3. stay away from negative things such as the news, etc. turn on some nice music , etc
    4. get some exercise. Even just walking releases good hormones in the brain that help you to feel better.!
    5. start a gratitude journal. Every day write down at least one thing that you are grateful for in your life. We all have things. Even if it’s just having a roof over your head, food, family etc.
    6. when you find yourself sad, you have the choice to turn that around. do something that makes you smile instead. When I help somebody else out, that’s such a great feeling even if I’m feeling down. It gives you a sense of purpose. It could be the smallest thing it doesn’t matter.

these are just a few things you can do. Make sure you’re taking care of yourself by eating healthy and drinking plenty of water. The world would have a huge loss if you weren’t here because I am sure you have special gifts and talents that God gave you. You’re going to be OK and my dad always said the sun will come up tomorrow! please get some support so you can get onto that road of feeling so much better. Feel free to private message me anytime!❤❤❤

• Posted

hi Hannah sorry to hear you are dealing with this it can be very confusing and frightening dealing with depression and never feel like your overreacting or question what your feeling it is very real i can relate to everything your saying

its normal to find it hard to explain how you feel all the time as you dont always understand yourself and try not be hard on yourself over school depression can suck the life from you at times leaving you with no motivation or interest to do anything but sleep or hide away on your own it will get better with time and the right help.

having someone to talk to will really help you cope but i know its not easy for everyone to do it with counselling it can be easier to start with a good friend or family member or if thats not possible use this form there is always people out there willing to listen and can understand what your feeling.

feel free to message myself anytime if you need someone to speak to

look after yourself

• Posted

Sorry to hear it Hanna. But I must tell you, it is pretty common to happen. So, don't get yourself overwhelmed by negative thoughts. Mark my words, one day you will laugh over your current situation. So, just give yourself time and if you feel you need to consult a therapist or self-assess yourself, I am happy to give you 3 most practical and convenient solutions. Number 1: Set your mental wellness goals and achieve it with the help of AI-guided programs of any mental health chatbot. Number 2: See a therapist virtually and get professional care from the comfort of your home. And number 3: Use some of the popular meditation apps to practice meditation which calms your restless mind and helps you heal from within. I hope, this helps.

• Posted

Your reactions are a result of how you feel and what you go through. Sometimes, you may think that people won’t understand you but that may be the best dose you need. You have to gain confidence by opening up in front of your loved ones who will help you get out of the pain you are going through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.