I think I'm falling for my Doctor!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

So I have been having regular appointments with my Doctor due to a long-term illness and over the past couple of weeks I have started to get what I can only describe as feelings for my Doctor. I should also add that she is female as am I and I've never really been attracted to another woman before apart from your typical 'girl crush' on attractive celeb women etc.

I know that this is something to do with her caring for me and some part of my psyche is misinterpreting this as affection of some sort, blah blah blah.

Anyways, I hoping to get some advice on how I can get over this because during our last appointment she mentioned that she had 'another half' when our conversation was going off topic as it usually does and we get chatting and I felt gutted!! Even though I would never have acted upon my feelings I can't help but feel disheartened that she is with someone!

I feel so stupid because she is probably 10 years older than me (I'm in my mid 20's) and she isn't someone I would have normally considered 'Beautiful' (I even feel bad for saying that). I even have a long term boyfriend!!

The other night I was lay in bed and I just pictured myself with her having drinks and talking with her all night and eventually kissing her!!

How do I get over this silly crush??? She is a brilliant Doctor so I don't want to change to another one.

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

There is nothing wrong with you having a crush on your Doctor, Female or not. You are bound to meet people that you click with well. Yeah these feelings are not practical (she has made it clear that she is in a relationship plus professional ethics prevent her from any sexual conduct with patients), but would it be as half as exciting if it was? The way I see it is that you have nothing to get over as nothing has happened. As long as you realise that you can't take it to the next level and don't develope a dangerous infatuation with said Doctor eg, stalking, letter writing, making unneeded appointments, collecting her used tissues or strands of hair out of her office, then you are quite safe. Keep this fantasy for your imagination, it's not necessarily a mark on your sexuality either. Relax a little and don't be so hard on yourself for being compassionate or attracted to others, it's what makes us Human.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you so much for understanding, I don't feel as crazy about it so much now.

Trust me I would never even act upon this in any way shape or form and the only reason she even mentioned her other half was because we were talking about our general day to day life (I wasn't dropping hints or anything and she felt the need to mention it to scare me off haha).

I've never experienced this before so I'm kinda freaking out about it. I find myself thinking about her wanting to know more about her etc. Just like I did when I had crushes in School.

Can't wait for me to get better so I no longer have to see her twice a month and hopefully move on from this silly thing.

• Posted

No problem, hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck. ??

• Posted

I know this is an old thread but I'm actually going through the exact same thing as you've described. I can't believe I found someone that has experienced this! I'm having the same feelings even though I have a long term boyfriend and haven't ever felt this way for another woman... who is also married. I know it's because of what I've gone through and how lonely I am but it's bothering me and becoming something that's always on my mind. How has everything turned out for you? Do you feel better or do you still have the crush?

• Edited

Yeah this is a super old thread...I am going through the same thing. I have an annoying crush on my doctor...I think I might be in love with the whole practice...I just think I have been through hell and they are nice people...I hope I get through this phase and find someone to be with.

• Posted

Yeah this is an old thread. But I'm going through the same now. I'm a female and so is she. Just can't stop thinking about her. And since i have a prolonged disease, i have frequent visits to her.

This feels so weird and as much as i'm trying to convince myself that this is just a crush and she might even have someone else and be happy with that person, i just can't help but to fall for her. The urge to know her better and be close to her is so strong i am just going mad. How is everyone else doing here ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.