I think I’m going in to perimenopause advice

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all I’m 43 and not had a period for 3 months 

I’m bloated emotional palpitations sweats heartburn agitations 

Is any one else my age going through this 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

All typical peri symptoms. Mine started slowly at 45 then hit hard around 46 I'm now 48. My first sign was hot flashes then the moods slowly crept in followed my nausea, fatigue, migraines etc.

Unfortunately you aren't too young.

Rosemary

• Posted

I started out the exact same way. Mine all started last year when I was 44. My biggest issues is the sadness crying and aniexty. It can be so hard at times. I cannot wait for this to all be over. Keep your chin up. We are woman we are strong and we will survive. Sending hugs.
    • Posted

Thanks Amy I must admit I have been thinking all sorts is wrong with me including cancer and heart attack with how severe the palpitations have been 
  • Posted

Yes this is very normal. I'm 51 and sorry to say that it will get worse before it gets better. Just keep your family informed so they know what to expect. Don't let them tell you you're too young. Also be sure to keep checking in on this forum so you know you're not alone. Telling people out loud on here as well as reading about relieves a little anxiety anyways. But try and push negative thoughts away and keep reminding yourself that hormones are a big part of it.

• Posted

Yes. You are not alone. I started at the beginning of year. I'm 42.

Exact same symptoms, especially the emotional side.

On my 3rd month of HRT, helping somewhat.

• Posted

Hi Zoe 

Thanks did you have tests at your GPs mine is being reluctant to do any I have another appointment next Monday and have a list of tests that a doctor in a&e has said the GP needs to do after an admission for palpitations 

• Posted

My periods became sporadic and then the anxiety started along with the typical hot flushes etc. I had my Fsh checked at various times of my cycle along with thyroid and a whole host more. My gp was very thoughough!

Normally they would just use your symptoms as an indicator but because of my age everything was checked.

• Posted

Yes I see more and more women entering menopause in their 40's. Ask your mom or older sisters (if available) to see when they went thru menopause. Have your Estradiol, FSH, LH and Progesterone checked. Often times your Progesterone is low during peri-menopause and an OTC Progesterone Cream can help.

• Posted

Thank you this is really helpful 

Both my mum and gran went through the menopause early forties 

• Posted

Hi Lisa! My symptoms have started just over a year. I had my daughter at 40 and was feeding her for 3 years my periods were all over the place so I stopped last July and periods still the same. I went through chills and hot terrible lashes, in September my mouth started burning - Mouth Burning Syndrome , just before Christmas my GP said that I may have mouth cancer and sent me to Hospital 😠 where I was told that it was BMS. 

I had ants running on my head, eachy skin around my tummy. ..just name it!  Health anxiety, gloomy thoughts in my head. Terrible. Now down below problems , uncomfortable, sex isn't the same. 

Anyway, we are here for you! 

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

All typical. I had written a rather long reply to you to chronicle what I had experienced, but somehow lost it before I could post it.  So the short answer is yes.  I experienced exactly what you are going through and it’s all very frustrating and SCARY!  I’ll be 47 in a few months and I am continuing to try to get the symptoms under control—heavy periods after not having one for a couple of months, horrific hot flashes, panic attacks, crying, fear, anxiety, fatigue, fuzzy brain, palpitations, hot flashes, night sweats and on and on and on...fun times. 

The good news is I know this will get better. I’ve visited my doctor and together we are working on a plan to improve my symptoms and hopefully get me back to feeling like me.   I know it’s scary, but there are a lot of options available to help us through this frightening and unpredictable time.  HRT, BHRT, various supplements, diet change, meditation, cognitive behavior therapy...just to name a few.  Also, I find this forum to be a tremendous help. The ladies here are amazing and without their candid stories and support, I think I would be completely lost. 

Remember you are not alone in this.  Hang in there and take care of you.  We will get through this!  Hugs!  —Sarah

• Posted

Thanks for your response Sarah39816 your information is very helpful

I am visiting my GP tomorrow to start on a definitive diagnosis and get the ball rolling on tests.

The hot flashes I can cope with ( all though my family hate it as I have the windows open in the British autumn which is not good ) it’s the palpitations that’s are scary and the mood changes and fatigue. 

• Posted

Hi 

She is checking my thyroid 

Hormone levels 

Hpylori test

And testing me for coeliacs as a start so got to wait until I get the results next Monday she won’t say ever way until she has the results but she did say the hormone tests are not always definitive 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.