i think i'm suffering but i'm scared to see a professional

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm a 15 year old male and i feel like ive been suffering form multiple conditions such as depresion and anxiety aswell as IMS which can lead to depression.i know im not a doctor but i have researched the symptoms and i suffer from several however my mind is still filled with constant doubt and i tell myself its nothing  i would like to go and see a therapist but i am a minor and so can't afford it. i would speak to my family but they aren't the kind of people i feel comfortable talking to about this and i doubt they'd even listen/take me seriously and then i would have of just wasted my time everyone else i could possible talk to either wouldn't be able to help or i feel just would take it seriously. ive thought about visiting online therapists but i doubt any of them are worth while and even a phone call about a topic like this makes me nervous.  

any useful advice is much appreciated    

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First off your obviously a minor so be careful who you contact online, please don't arrange to meet anyone without first telling your parents so that someone can accompany you.

15 is a strange age especially more for males as your hormones are running riot, it's not unusual to be physically scared and anxious, the feeling is not uncommon, I bet you would be surprised how many teenagers have the same feelings, with the right attitude and possibly just talking things through you will come out the other end fine.

You should talk to your mum or dad, they will understand and they were teenagers themselves once, that gives us a heads-up.

I don't know what else I can say to you to help ease your distress, I have been their and I know you will be fine, just takes time to adapt

• Posted

Maybe try talking to a school guidance counselor? I'm sure what you're experiencing is real, don't try to talk yourself out of it. Definitely talk to someone and get help. It'll be okay! <3

• Posted

Don't be afraid to open up your problems to your family.You will never know unless you try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.