i think i may have BV

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have a new female partner i have been seeing for almost a month. i have noticed i have itching, abnormal discharge that sometimes smells and dryness. i had BV once before but i dont really remember dryness like this. it is actually very annoying having this but i believe it is BV again and if not a yeast infection. has anyone else experienced anything like this ? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You should probably go get swabbed and tested to be sure. or at least get a  drugstore test kit.  You should probably talk to your partner as well, BV is sexually transmissible between women. hope you are feeling better!
  • Posted

Sounds like BV to me but I agree you should get tested just to be sure! I've had similar symptoms especially the itchiness and dryness. I was diagnosed with BV and given the 7 day pills and then had a yeast infection from the BV medicine. However, I've been managing well. I apply tea tree oil to the exterior of my vagina daily due to dryness and drink plenty of water and cranberry juice that has helped tremendously believe it or not. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

You need to get a swab a section every one has suggested and ask to be tested for micro organisms like uruoplasma and bv related ones as well as stds . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.