I think I may have diabetes.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 16 years old, female and overweight. I have tingling in my two fingers-pointer and middle. (I also have anxiety, so I may be overreacting.) I do not like doctors, I do not want to be tested. I do not have any other symptoms. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to tell you Sam, but the only sure way to see if you have diabetes is to get a blood test with your doctor.  Nothing to worry about, it's over quite soon.

• Posted

Hi Sam, I did send you quite a long answer but the stupid thing is waiting to be moderated for a whole day now!  I probably put too much of Web site's address for 1 you can trust.  Webmd,  it's run by Dr's?

Why are you so afraid of going to the Dr's?

I don't think that you have Diabetes,  what made you choose that condition?

It's kinda sad to see you at your young age worrying about such issues!  I didn't even know that there was such a condition,  mind you it's wasn't on TV then! 

Have you spoken to your parents about your  concerns?   Personally I'm pretty sure that you don't have Diabetes as you said you don't have other symptoms like thirst etc.!  

The Dr will want to see you, the tingling may be caused by a nerve? 

Thanks for asking your question, kinda bothers me as you should be trying to enjoy your teenage years!   Please continue to ask questions,  I'm sure that Althea will be watching for you as I know that I certainly will!  Take care Sam and bring us privacy to date.  Good luck, Susan 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.