I think i may have IBS but Cant be sure

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone i am new here i joined up in desperation hoping someone can help me and any tips to help ease the pain.

so i dont know if it is IBS but id say at least twice a year i get intense abdomen pain that is only relieved by passing a stool. my experience in detail is below to what exactly happened.

i have just had this experience a few hours ago so i woke up with intense stomach pain almost unbearable reduced me to tears almost screaming in pain i tried to pass a stool 1 hard lump came out and that was it, it was like i was constipated everytime i pushed the pain got more intense and started to feel sick and my body temperature must of gone through the roof as i felt really hot kept having splash cold water on my face. i think heat helps on the abdomen i got in the bath and put the shower head on my abdomen this seems to help abit. anyway about 30 mins had passed and i feel like i could pass another stool but couldnt move because of the pain so i passed a stool in the bath this time they were small hard lumps the pain was still there so i continued using the shower head another 10 mins had passed the pain had eased going from a 10 to a 9 so i decided to get back on the toilet this time it was sloppy like cow pat sloppy and then again but then it just turned to water after about another 10 mins the pain had almost gone. now i dont know if anyone else has had this but would be interesting to know and if they have got diagnosed with IBS. what i find strange is going from really hard stools then soft then sloppy then water all in the space of about an hour.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi jamiehi, hmm strange symptoms and you are right with what you've said to comment on here, you say you only get this about twice a year. if it's that infrequent then it may or may not be IBS, i am slightly unsure? i know constipation and then diarrhoea are definitely part of having IBS. you have to think what you were doing before this most recent problem happened? did you eat anything dodgy or different? were you very stressed? does this happen more often than twice a year? contact your doctor's and ask to see them. if your bowel habits have changed then you must. if you're female then it's a curse put on us each month if not then really sorry but i don't know. good luck and let us know what your doctor says.

• Posted

I get the same thing. I need to poop but can't, have really painful lower abdominal cramping, then, eventually a poop, then a lot of smelly diarrhea, then get really really overheated and have to run cold water over my hand (one hand reaches the sink from the toilet), feel really faint and have passed out before. Now I put a towel on the floor in case. I have to take all my clothes off because of the heat, and need to drink water. It has happened very irregularly with years in between episodes. This last week it has happened three times. The cramping is really painful. Would be interested to hear from anyone else or any ideas what it could be.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.