I think I may have threadworms from my puppy

Posted , 6 users are following.

my dog has worms and shes been de-wormed but i have similar symptoms but the worst is they come out through mt skin. My family believes me because they have seen them alive i just dont know how to approach the dr about this cuz it would be all in my head or im a drug addict you know the epidemic here in the US, so i know they will think that. if anyone has been through this and has solutions please message me ....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Really visiting a doctor is the best you could do. Worms that come out of your skin? Chances are that that's something serious.. I'm from the Netherlands so I don't know anything about a epidemic in the US, but really.. Your health has to be nr1, so f**k about everything else and just take care of yourself. Maybe you could bring someone with you if you hate visiting doctors, because that's what it sounds like.

• Posted

You do not know for sure that your doctor will dismiss your symptoms in the way you describe. Approaching your doctor is very simple indeed. Book an appointment, video or photograph the worms or even take a sample of what you think is a threadworm. Take a family member to the doctor with you. Describe your symptoms and ask for an ova and parasite test if you are not offered one. If you are not happy with your doctor, change your doctor. Doctors are not always dismissive!

• Posted

If you purchased this pet at a pet shop you may have a liability lawsuit against the pet shop for pain and suffering. Suggest you consult an attorney.

• Posted

Hi amber003

You have "Canine Hookworm" that penetrate the skin. They are passed in dog faeces. They eat their way into the skin. It is called "Cutaneous Larva Migrans" which your doctor will know about and recognise. I strongly advise you to see your doctor to be treated asap....

• Posted

is there anyone who can take a video of this and show dr?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.