I think I might be depressed but I'm not sure..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ever since i got into university i gained a lot of wait eating just junkfood, i feel empty most of the time and i would space out alot or day dream. I haven't though of suicide but i did cut myself once and i want to do it again but im holding back. I slowlly started distancing myself from all my friends and i didnt notice till recently. I barely go out, and I barely see any of my family members. Whenever i do i always get into arguments with them. I feel like im bored and sick of this life, i just want to go far away. Am i depressed or just being pathetic? and do i need help or will this pass?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI JAE82...you certainly sound like you are suffering and struggling with

Depression.....you really need to see your GP, and explain your feelings and get some positive help....you can !! Be happy again...please,.please get some help, I wish you all the luck in the world.... very best wishes to you, love Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hi deirdre, thank you for your reply, I'm a little hesitant to get help since im in a forign country, maybe when i get home i will... thanks again and good luck to you too xx
  • Posted

HI JAE82. I sincerely hope that all goes well for you, try not to worry too much, eat well, sleep we, do activities that you enjoy and try to spend time with friends.....many warm regards to you. Best wishes, DEIRDRE xxx
  • Posted

hELLO jAE, EVERYONE SUFFERS FROM OSCILLATING MOODS FROM TIME TO TIME...oNE minute up , next minute down.  if you have been experiencing "depressive" symptoms for more than a week or so, it may be a good idea to visit your GP..... Can't think of more to say, apart from the professionals should be the first port of call. You are NOT pathetic, depression can strike young and old alike, and really takes you by surprise......Best wishes, George.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.