I think I might be depressed but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last 4 weeks I have been unable to feel any emotions, I do not feel hunger so I have to  remind myself to eat at least twice a day., and I think I have some trouble sleeping as well: I keep waking up naturally after 5 hours of sleep or I just wake up multiple times during the night. I have no motivation to do anything, I don't have enough energy to cook or to finish uni assingments and I cannot concentrate or think straight and I feel like there's a weight pressing on my head. Sometimes I start crying or my eyes get watery but there is no sadness. Even though exams are coming I CANNOT care and I cannot study anything which is very weird considering that I am usually the one that stresses out the most when exams are approaching. It is probably relevant to know that before these 4 weeks I have  felt  a bit sad, alone, anxious, unable to feel joy and pessimistic for at least 5 years. Does it look like depression to you? What do you think I should do? I need to get my ability to concentrate back or  I'll fail exams for sure....

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi lily

From what you have wtitten, you appear to have classic signs of depression/anxiety. I wouldn't delay in repeating to your doctor, what you have said here.

It's important you get some help before your symptoms possibly become worse. With the right help you will be back on track and ready for your exams. If your not eating well, try and make sure whatever your eating has good nutritional value. Remember to drink plenty of fluids too. If you can't get a gp appointment quickly then it may be worth Have trying a herbal remedy eg. Kalms or similar.

wishing you better

God bless ♥♥

• Posted

Thank you  for you reply. I will try Kalms. Now I'm also getting a headache .... no idea why... can it have anything to do with depression?
    • Posted

And i have light sensitivity .... i can bearly look at the screen
    • Posted

Possibly stress related,  your whole body will be strung like a piano wire

Try gently massaging the dips at the side of your eyes, see if that helps

We are gonna lift you out of your doldrums lily . xx

• Posted

You might consider wearing sun glasses when you look at the screen and you can dim the light on the computer screen.
  • Posted

probably be a good idea if you have a full blood count, you may be short on 

some essential minerals 

• Posted

Where are you Lily, ???? Speak to me, or I will send you a load 

of germs  rolleyescheesygrinlol

• Posted

Hi Lily,

University generally has free help for students and you could be evaluated there.  I agree with Lorraine that you should seek help right away before things become worse.  

I hope everything works out for you,

Dawn, USA

• Posted

Hi Lily,

I am in the exact same situation as yourself and it's really bringing me down. I now haven't been to uni since Xmas and will probably be kicked off my

Course soon sad I don't know what to do! Just wanted you to know you are not alone and I am here if u need to chat

Kelly X

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

I'm really sorry to hear. I find it hard to get out of bed in the morning, but somehow I still manage to make myself go to almost all the lectures. The problem I have is that I cannot concentrate on assignments and my grades start to drop from A's to C's. I keep feeling pressure on my  head. Don't know how to explain it, but it just doesn't let me  think sad  Do you feel this as well? 

I'm going to the doctor now...if they diagnose me as depressed, I will let my tutor know

Best wishes, 

Crina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.