I think I might be depressed, please help.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have anxiety which has gotten worse over the past few months, getting facial tics from it which is driving me mad but also Iv developed depression I think. The things I love doing and make me happy seem like a chore at the moment like I can't be bothered to do them but I force myself because I know deep down I love doing them and no matter how much sleep I get I feel exhausted. And all I think about is bed and sleep and have a feeling of kind of numbness, and don't feel excited about anything. I feel like a walking zombie! Has anyone ever had this and have overcome it?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes hun, i did go through that part of feeling constantly tired, no ammount of sleep was enough for me, thats when i first went to the dr, and she prescribed me 20mg of citalopram, this ruined my life, cut a long storey short, i had one dose it sent me over the edge to say the least, then i had no choice but to acctualy start  taking sertraline after a month of trying to get my self back to normal.

My personal advise to you, is to not use meds at this stage, i would say start eating healthy, and go to the gym swim and walk as amuch as possible.

do this for a couple of weeks, i know it sounds hard but you MUST try and push your self. Also Yoga, Meditation and you do need to sleep too.

If this doesnt improve after 2 weeks, go to your G.P. it maybe more severe than i you or i think, and medication may have to be an option. AD do work, and there is nothing wrong with taking them at all, and i know they saved my life. all im saying is, your symptoms are not too bad rite now, and these methods may just be enough to pull you out.

Other people may disagree with me on here, im not sure, thats my personal opinion.

keep chatting on here for support xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your advise. And the others on here too! It already really helps to know I'm not alone! It's gets quite dark in my head which I'm sure you understand! I have taken up yoga which helps for a certain amount of time but wears off and also it's hard to keep up the motivation because I can't be bothered to do anything! I will deff try the things you said and I just need to push myself! I can't remember what it feels like to be content and generally happy about things, I can't wait to feel it again! Thanks again xxx

• Posted

Hi lattifa ( what a beautiful name )...

I am sorry but I have to totally, utterly disagree with your opinion ion...I have been on medication for years, and they have ....

Undoubtedly saved my life !!!!!

ALS, my three adult sons suffer from mental health problems from their teenage years...( they live at home with us )

AND all three of them were very, very close to. To be brutally honest...Kill themselves....

Sections, sections into a mental health hospital has turned their lives around....thank heavens. It is awful to watch them suffering, and the appalling worry and stress nearly killed me

Medications have given all of us our lives back...have a go, it may help you, the medication is excellent nowadays....

I wish you well. ....but for many, many, many people....they are capable of functioning normally, without being terrified every single hour of the day.....which is NOT LIVING...

I WISH YOU ALL HAPPINESS AND GOOD HEALTH....XXXXX

RESPECT ONE AND ALL XXXXX

• Posted

Of course I agree with meds, and like I said, it did save my life too, but if you are just having the feeling of being over tired and a bit low in general, I think it's best to try and avoid the meds route , unless the illness does start to take over your life, then of course meds is s MUST, like it was eventually for me.

I do know some people that did over come it with exercise and healthy eating, but I don't think they ever got as low as I did.

• Posted

Hi oliviajordyn I would agree with lattifa7777 do something different. Take some time out and change your routine, meet other people. And don't think about it just get up and make the change. It won't be easy you will have to muster up every bit of will power and energy, if it helps say a prayer first.

• Posted

Hi there yes have overcome it a few times it can be done definately xx the gym is definately a non medical route to try ( although not for me) it releases lots of the bodies good hormones and is meant to work in depression but as u said easier said than done when you lack the motivation! Also magnesium, vit b6, b 12 and vit d are meant to lift the mood xxx ive tried these and they are proving beneficial in my case anyway. Xx if u feel no improvement also ask the dr to check yr iron levels rule out that as a cause for your fatigue & u can obv tell them how yr feeling & they may prescribe therapy, meds or both. Xx good luck let us know hw u get on xx

• Posted

Olivia get out of the house. Go for walk or run. Volunteer in your community.

My favorite is with the no kill shelters. You can walk the dogs or help with the

animals. Might even find you a new best friend. Some shelters have cuddle

Clubs where folks come in and hold the animals. It does lot for pets that have

Been uprooted from their homes. Calms them down to say nothing of the

Help for humans holding and talking to them. Many other opportunities out there

Just get out there.

• Posted

Such a fab idea possible 82 with helping the animals as the love they give u back is enormous and so great a feeling. My dog gives me unconditional love and she has the same from us in abundance shes amazing.. never many volunteering opportunities near me as a nation of animal lovers theres always a waiting list!! Great idea ;0) xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.