I think I might have a Bartholin cyst.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't want to go to the Dr what do I do to make it go away

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You probably have then.  3% of women get them.  Read up on the home remedy posts in this forum.  If you wear g-string underwear I would now give that up.  Cuts into and helps block it up.  
    • Posted

I don't wear those. But I started noticing this pimple like thing and I looked it up and it told me Bartholin cyst sad I have never heard of them before so I'm freaking out
    • Posted

Dont freak.  You just want to get onto it otherwise you will have to go to the doctor.  Some people only get one once it there life.  If you feel it...it will feel like a little marble of stuff that is clogged up.  Some people it just kinda stays like that if they dont do anything and slowly goes...but I wouldnt wait around for that.  It can get the size of a walnut and becomes very sore and you need to go to the doctor.  They will make a tiny cut and drain it.  It is a huge relief.  People who get it often cant carry on like that and the home remedy section is super helpful for trying to avoid the doctor.  Dont worry...not life threatening, just a real pain.  It often happens in your 20s.  Consider avoiding sex as that can upset it more....well no dry sex.

If you have a bath...buy some espom salt and put a cup in...that will help to encourage it do come to the surface and release...thats want you want.  xxx  

• Posted

I just had ANOTHER one crop up - my 3rd one in a year - but this time I caught it as soon as I felt it get sore and swell up. First, run a nice warm/hot bath and hang out in there at least 20 mins. For the next several days until I felt it start shrinking I not only did one or two hot baths a day, I also did what's called a "sitz bath" - where you just sit in very warm water - for me I didn't have a proper sitz bath thing, so I used an alumimum turkey pan LOL with a towel underneath in case of spillage on my living room floor and watch TV while I sat there for 5 or 10 mins. Just make sure whatever you are sitting in is very clean and the water is warm. I had to get up and keep putting warm water in it because its so shallow and steeping yer butt in there can cause water to go everywhere so it got cold kinda fast. I also took a clean hand towel and wet it, wrung it out, and stuck it in the microwave to heat it up real hot for like a minute and then laid it there with a towel under my butt in bed. I was doing ALL of these things like every other hour or so for as many times as I could for a few days. Keep doing it even when you notice it is going down as often as you can. NO SEX. If it is asbcessed - unfortunately, you WILL have to go to the Drs. 

How you know it is abcessed: if it is so insanely painful you can't walk, it's pulling on your taint, thigh, etc. to the point where you want to cry and is hot to the touch - like it has it's own fever just after you wake up without having applied any heat to it for many hours, feels hot when you pee (lean forward, that helps), etc. In such a case I just said screw it and went to the ER. It took all of 15 minutes for them to numb it, poke it open (it was scary as hell but the nurse held my hand and more embarrassing than anything), and they put a little drainage tube in it. I felt IMMEDIATE relief. So if it's that bad, it sucks but do it before it gets any worse. 

Also: I have read/heard about this vitamin supplement called "Serrapeptase". I ordered it for like 13 bucks and it only took a few days to get here via Walmart even (Im sure tons of other places have it too) - for a BC. Serrapeptase is supposed to help with sinuses - mucous and stuff - and some people are searing by it for things like pus buildup and cysts. It did not give me any side effects and I have been taking it in addition to all the stuff I told you to get rid of this last one and thank God it did not get abcessed and I didnt have to go to the ER and it's totally gone now, so maybe there is something to it or I just fought it off on my own this time, I'm not sure. I truly hope this helps it's SO effing miserable!!!!! <3>

• Posted

Ok so sit in a hot bath with salt. How does it get infected tho??? Mine feels all watery it's small but I try to pop it and it hurts like crazy
    • Posted

if it was infected it would be crazy pain if you touched it at all 
  • Posted

how did u  determine?
    • Posted

I was in the shower and I just felt irritated there and I ended up getting my camera to see what it easy then I got worried of what it was so I just Google it and started asking people and it all came down to a Bartholin cyst! Rite now it's not hurting or all my thing like it was last night smile
  • Posted

wer did u get that? mine before big as fist of a new born an swelling cannot walk, im just lying down ALWAYS, yours not painful?
    • Posted

Where did I get what?And it was painful last night. So if yours is pain full it's most likely infected. You should go let the Dr drain it. They put numbing cream on it and they make a small cut then drain it
  • Posted

the cyst. no im already cured 5 years ago.. and it never gotten back..
    • Posted

Bartholin cyst are mostly on the vaginal area. Did you have to get it drained or did you find a way to do it yourself please tell me u were able to do it yourself

• Posted

I wouldnt try and drain it yourself.  I know there are some nurses on this forum who have done it to themselves (drained it) and one doctor.  It can get infected and you need to know what you are doing.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.