I think I might have a cyst but I’m not sure, What should I do

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m Grace, I am thirteen. For the past two days I have had this horrible pain. I can’t sit or stand without it hurting. I it’s 12:25 am and I can’t sleep. I am scared to go to a gynecologist to get it check because I have never been. I am in so much pain, I sometimes start to cry.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Grace, I understand that you are scared but if you are in that much pain you need to go see a doctor. Going to the gyno can be scary the first time but I assure you that they have seen everything. You have nothing to be afriad of.  Have you tried to sitz bath or warm compress? If it is a cyst that may help relieve some discomfort. Have you noticed anything unusual down there other than the pain? You should be able to see if it is a Batholin Cyst. If it is red, warm, or painful you may be infected in which case you really need to see a doctor, it doesn’t have to be a gyno. You will be happy that you got help even though it’s a little scary. 
  • Posted

Hey babe!

I’m 23, I had my first cyst at 16 - then had an extraction surgery. They started back up again last year in feb, I’ve had 6 marsupulisations since then. Luckily my last surgery was a gland extraction (fingers crossed no more cysts). Don’t be scared! You’re not alone, this sucks having them but you 100% should tell your mum. She will be the best support - if not, do you have a female you can confine in ? 

Contact me directly if you want some advice. I was scared at 16 let alone 13, I’m really sorry!

• Posted

Serripeptase , calamine lotion and a hot bath seems to work for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.