I think I might have diabetes?

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi there i was just wondering if someone was able to help me as im in need of serious help.

From october I woke up one morning feeling what i think people call "brain fog" ive had it 24 hours a day since. i realised when i have a fizzy drink it eases of for 15-30 mins then i feel drowsy and as if its worse after? i had my blood pressure taken a while ago they said my blood pressure was really low then when they done it again 2 minutes later it was really high and really high the second time they done it. i literally live on junk food, these are my symptoms do you think this is signs of diabetes?

-occassional pain in lower left side of belly

-increased anxiety

-increased urination

-247 clouded vision

occassional numb feeling in feet

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Symptoms that you have mentioned are similar to what a diabetic patients have, for early self diagnosis you can check it with many diabetes metering devices. If the reading are not in range then you can consult doctor for better diagnosis. And moreover if values are in within the range then you should also consult a doctor for any other health complications.

• Posted

Hey ! I would suggest that relying on junk food is not at all beneficial for your health, it is definitely one of the major reasons for getting prone to diseases, talking about the symptoms, then yes these are the diabetes symptoms, a better picture will arrive only after the consultation from the doctor.

• Edited

Eating habit that you have mentioned is totally against the diet of a diabetes patient, cold drinks and junk food have artificial sweeteners and rich in carbs respectively that can affect your body's glucose level to much extent. I would strongly suggest you to get proper tests to confirm on this disease.

• Posted

My mom was also having these symptoms before she was diagnosed with diabetes. So, you should get your blood test done ASAP. And try to quit or reduce junk food man and start living a healthy life.

• Posted

Agreed with @healthy06102, consult with the doctor first and go for a proper blood glucose test, apart from this try to adopt a healthy lifestyle too. as per my knowledge your lifestyle will equally help you in getting better along with medications in diabetes. So try to inculcate a healthy lifestyle by doing a few lite exercises or yoga, balanced food diets with proper tracking of blood sugar levels from time to time. Although it takes time to adopt a healthy lifestyle but atleast after doing so, you will get to know about what to eat, when to eat and what exercises are important that help you manage your blood glucose level. however If you feel it is difficult to incorporate a healthy lifestyle, try joining some lifestyle programs like ginihealth, they can help you maintain your glucose level with little changes in your lifestyle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.