I think I nearly fainted?? Mirtazapine?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys, I've been taking Mirtazapine for extreme anxiety and panic disorder for roughly two weeks now and I feel like it has really been helping. I've experienced a few side effects, such as weight gain but nothing major. Anyway, the reason I am posting today is because I was curious to know if anyone has experienced fainting with Mirtazapine before? Last night about half an hour or so after I took my usual dose I went outside for a cigarette and all of a sudden this really weird feeling came over me, I put my smoke out and went to go back inside and my body felt really heavy and my vision went weird, kinda like tunnel vision and then I broke out in a body sweat. I managed to make it to my bed and I started to feel a bit better once laying down but my hearing went weird, I heard a ringing sound and my head felt like it was pulsating. It was all very unpleasant, anyway, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow but in the mean time I was curious to know others experiences with this drug and if anyone had experienced anything similar.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I experienced some of those same feeling from panic / anxiety,

and from rebound from Xanax. Mirtazpine is much much safer than

Xanax or any Benzodiazepine. Practice calming exercises. Breathe

slow and deep from the stomach. 2. Envision the most beautiful

scenery you can remember. See it. 3. Take a hot bath. Breathe.

Exercise. 4. Watch comedies. Be around positive people. You

will be fine. Think positive every moment. You are in good hands.

• Posted

Hello, i find i need to take Mirtazapine just before bed as it is fairly quick acting in it's sedating impact as i often feel my legs wobbling as i go upstairs 😉 You probably got a head rush and fainted from the combination of this and the shock of the cold air outside from smoking. If it happens again i would speak to GP but sounds like this might be just the combination of sedation and shock of cold air.

• Posted

Yes wow...I thought I was reading something I wrote. I felt pretty much the same way a couple times while on Mirt. I didnt think there was a connection until I read your post. Mirt made me gained nearly 20 US Pounds and I slowly weaned myself off and have been off for over 2 weeks now. Unfortunately, I am struggling with my sleep again and still get anxious feelings nearly everyday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.