i think i need therapy??????

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a gastric band in sept.ive had 2 fills and one defill.im now at 4.3 in a 10ml band.i cant say i feel hungry at all.and i do get full.but i still cant stop eating.its obviously a mental thing because its not my stomach

Im learning what i can cram in fast without 20/20/20.like choc and other rubbish.i know im not helping myself and feel like ive wasted my hard earned money.i hate being overweight so why am i doing this to myself???!!!.has anyone had therapy?does it help.?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I surely know how you feel! I'm behind you - little - band in October 2 fillls, so now at 6ml. My Bariatric nurse said that this was normal - having over eaten for years it takes ages for your brain to adjust to small portions.

I'm finding that it's two steps forward and one step backward. But at leastt it's forward I have 15ml and plan to have it all used up, to force me to eat less off everything!

• Posted

Yes its a lot harder than i imagined.after eating terribly for most of my 40 years.trying to change habits overnight is difficult.i have days where i literally cant eat.i do 20/20/20 but the bands just tight.i try warming up with a hot drink but no luck sometimes.these times are when i usually turn to easy things like choc etc
  • Posted

I had my band fitted in Jan this year. I've had 2 fills and am at 6ml. I've lost 5 1/2 stone so far and have gone from a size 28 to a size 16. It's been difficult at times, and yes, chocolate is an easy alternative. But what's the point in making the same mistakes time after time ? I paid a lot of Money and the band was a last resort. Dont waste this opportunity to help yourselves...listen to your band....eat when you're hungry, and drink water if you feel the need to snack. Use the 20/20/20 at all times, you will get used to it and it then becomes second nature.

I've follows the diet and fitness advise and my hard work is paying off. This is your opportunity to change too. It's all in the mind, once you understand that, then the rest is easy.

I wish you well on your journey. Be strong....you CAN do this 😊😊😊😊😊😊

• Posted

Everything you're ssying is right joanna.i feel like a total failure.as if nothing is going to work and im meant to be overweight and depressed for the rest of my life.ive tried so many times to kick myself up the backside but just end up back where i started😠
  • Posted

Bit of an update...just emailed a therapist.going to have a session next week regarding binge eating disorder. cos theres definateley something wrong with me.
  • Posted

what is 20/20/20?Β  Ive had a band 7 years and never heard of this

Β 

• Posted

Only eat pieces of food the size of a 20p piece.chew for 20 seconds.leave 20 seconds between mouthfulls.i had my surgery with the hospital group so not sure if this is there "thing"
  • Posted

unfortunatlely the band does not alter what is in our head however you still have some way to go if you only havd 4.3 ml in a 10ml band - counselling might help so good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.