I think I Re-Injured Myself - Should I See My Doctor Now?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I injured my ATFL (it was a re-injury) ages ago now (like 3-4 months), and I'm scheduled to see my ortho next Friday BUT, today I somehow managed to roll my ankle in the opposite direction (inwards), and it really hurts! Should I try and schedule an appointment sooner, or just wait until next Friday? I think I re-re-injured my ATFL as well. I wasn't wearing my brace -- stupid, I know, but I had to run or else I'd have missed my chiropractic appointment, and my PT wants to wean me out of it anyway, and it's been rolling around and cracking, and my entire foot is swollen! HELP!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Welp, I can't see my doctor until next Friday because he's booked up until Thanksgiving...so I'm going to urgent care...

• Posted

Personally I would seek medical help ASAP you can't afford to take the risk

Jean

• Posted

I went to urgent care. Nothing is broken (DAMN, can't a girl get a simple fracture that'll heal faster and hurt less?) but it is sprained. So now I've got both medial and lateral sprains. Awesome.

• Posted

call for a moved up appt
    • Posted

I called to see if I could get in that day (unlikely, I knew)...and they said he was booked out until Thanksgiving! So I'm keeping my next Friday appointment. I'll also talk to my PT when I see her on [this] Friday.

• Posted

And I thought heakth care in the USA was wonky!

If it beomes severe, goes numb

go to the ER

kind regards

judith

• Posted

I went to urgent care. ER has too much of a wait line and can't do much more than urgent care except in cases like appendicitis, large wounds that need packing, stitching etc.

• Posted

Nothing really. That it was a medial sprain. Wrapped me up and put me in an Aircast which I have since trased with my Aircast brace my ortho gave me.
  • Posted

Sprains can be more difficult to recover from than a fracture...so sorry.

Elevation, ice, boot, and rest.

The more the swellibg comes down, the lesspain you will have.

hugs

judith

• Posted

I wonder if to short ATFL after surgery, makes patents ready for more injury by inward sprains.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.