I think I ripped a hole in my mouth

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I was trying to get mucus out of my system by kind of sucking the saliva and flem/mucus from the top and of my mouth and the back of my throat and i guess i did it really hard and i felt something but when I touched my soft palate 4 inches deep into my mouth on the roof I felt an opening basically right after my soft palete. Did I rip a hole in the roof of my mouth?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

That's doubtful. When I have problems in my mouth I rinse or gargle with warm/hot saltwater.

• Posted

Hi Kamrin, There should not be a hole there...did it bleed? Is it possible it was there before & you didn't notice it? If you're using a tool of some kind...STOP...You should call your Dr....the problem with the soft palate, is there are...the soft tissues in your throat, upper mouth into your nasal passages and then important structures, blood vessels, nerves, and your brain!! If it is an injury, you accidentally caused, it can become infected, which could be serious, plus any damage that may have been done!! Good luck and if you have problems with mucous/saliva/phlegm, tell your Dr. there are meds to dry things out...Best Wishes๐Ÿ’’โ˜ฎ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒˆโ™พ๐Ÿ€

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.