I think i've figured it out.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So 5 Months ago I had a migraine at work. Since then it has been dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, anxiety (and everything anxiety brings along), panic attacks etc etc. The only thing that seemed to help was benzos which my doctor told me he would only write me one script for as they are addictive and they really only helped me cope with it, not the symptoms of it.

After browsing the internet for months I had found a number of conditions that can cause this. Some of them include (and might relate to you)

Wisdom Teeth damage, Improper Jaw alignment (TMJ), grinding of teeth due to stress or sleeping habits, microscopic differences in eye level, Several different forms of invertigo, Severe anxiety and plenty of others.

I also had blood tests, MRI scan, Vision tests administered by my doctor.

One clue I had was that when i wore my reading glasses and just focused on things up close (my computer screen, a book etc) I felt a lot steadier. 

So I went to the optometrist today and turns out I have Astigmatism which can cause blurred vision, headaches and migraines. The migraine happened while i was at work on the computer doing very eye stressing work (should have being wearing my glasses, I know that now..) and likely triggered the anxiety and panic attacks (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac).

So I've been wearing my glasses all day today and I'm awaiting a pair that I'll be able to wear 24/7 (my reading glasses don't do me any justice at long distance). Maybe I'm just being optimistic because I'm having a good day today and feel almost normal but I'd like to think after 5 months I've finally figured it out.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good and I also have asgamatism, but not tried the reading glasses so far. But do you have any indigestion issues? Like gastritis, gallstones or low functioning gallbladder or Irritatble bowel syndrome or acid reflux?
  • Posted

Astigmatism means one or both eyes not round. Little egg shaped. If minor, like mine, they correct themselves til you get older. Then they get tired of doing it. Need glasses. Doc said eyes still 20/20. It's not even considered a script. Lenses are ground with a curve in them.

• Posted

I have all your symptoms but these started when i run in to digestion issues. Please do post after some days how do you feel with the glasses, will be helpful for others going through the dizziness.
    • Posted

Hey Biliary. After a couple of days here's what i've noticed.

My dizziness hasn't COMPLETELY gone away, although they say it takes up to 2 weeks to get used to wearing glasses and i'm still wearing a reading pair, not an all day pair, so we'll see what happens there.

Also I've started a script of Mirtazapine so I'm still suffering through the early side effects of that.

I think after 5 months of regular anxiety it's taken a bit of a toll on my body so i'm still showing a few symptoms but not nearly as bad as when i didn't wear glasses. And as for the digestion issues, I think that has a role to play in this too. I've been on and off the toilet pretty frequently and when the dizziness/anxiety spikes so does the amount of time i spend on the toilet.

If you're interested I'll let you know in another week or 2 when i've gotten used to wearing glasses and the side effects of the mirtazapine start to ease off.

• Posted

sure .. please do post after 2 weeks on how do you feel with wearing glasses. But one thing i want to check with you is on your energy levels.... do you feel energetic or fatigue? My dizziness is accompanied with extreme fatigue and tiredness.
  • Posted

Yours is very interesting finding, definitely want to try wearing the glasses and see how do i feel afterwards worth trying!There are lot of topics that deals with dizziness  with respect to astigmatism-or-vertical-heterophoria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.