I think I’ve found a migraine treatment that actually works. If it helps you spread the word.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, my name is Sarah and I’m trying to tell as many people as I can about a real cure I’ve found, I am 40 years old and had dibilitating migraines/headaches since I was 16, nothing touched them and I went through the same misery, no sleep and constant pain, I felt like my life was over, then one day I met a fellow migraine sufferers who said I know a cure, This is what he told me:

Take 3 aspirin (3x300mg)

2 ibuprofen (2x200mg)

Drink a strong coffee

Then hold an ice cube in your mouth against the roof of your mouth

Run your wrists under ice cold water for 5 minutes

Drink a pint of ice cold water.

I was initially scared to try it but thought well it can’t be worse than years of pain and misery.

I did it all and within 20 mins my migraine was gone. Now if I get a migraine I just do the above steps and migraines are no longer a problem for me. It has seriously changed my life from misery to relief.

The only thing I would say is be careful with aspirin if you are on blood thinners or have stomach problems and be careful with ibuprofen if you are asthmatic. I am personally asthmatic and get a little chesty on Ibuprofen but take my inhaler and it far outweighs days in bed crying.

I’ve told this remedy to everyone I meet who has headaches or migraines and everyone who’s tried it says it’s amazing and works. Of course I can’t promise it’s right for you, but figure I want to help as many people as I can as I’d tried everything before this, food triggers, maxalt, migraine tablets, dark rooms, etc and nothing else ever helped.

I do recommend though to still get checked out and find the cause of the headaches and check you are ok with aspirin and ibuprofen.

I wish you the best of luck and hope it helps. If it does please spread the word so we can help everyone banish these debilitating migraines for good.

Sarah x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take paracetamol with aspirin and caffeine, so similar to you. To protect my stomach I take omeprazole with it too. Although this helps relieve the pain, it doesn't stop the migraine occuring in the first place, a miracle cure would be something that actually stopped me getting migraines, as I have up to 12 a month.

• Posted

I am 13, on propranalol and get up to 31 migraines a month can i use paracetamol instead of aspirin? 
    • Posted

I think it would be best to ask your doctor, I wouldn’t want to give you the wrong advice.  Being 13 you really have to be careful what you take, I sympathise though as I had migraines from when I was a teen, they are horrible but there is hope. I find triggers for me are

Oranges

Cheese

Dark chocolate

Kidney beans

Bananas

Sour cream

Caffeine

E numbers in sweets

Red peppers

Chillis

Things with food colourings and additives  like sunset yellow colouring, annatto and aspartame

Smoked foods

Heat

Bright/uv lights

Stress

Thought I’d mention it as some people don’t know all of the foods/things that cause migraines and I find avoiding these really lessen how many you get as well

I really wish you luck.

Sarah.

• Posted

thanks could i try this without medication?, clutching at straws as my GP doesn't believe me or any of he others there either tbh!

• Posted

You could just try the ice, Research has shown that when something cold (ice cream, ice etc) touches the roof of the mouth it can induce “brain freeze.” This induces rapid blood vessel constriction and then dilation, which may explain why something cold can sometimes stop a migraine before it takes hold.Some people say just holding ice against the roof of your mouth works on its own, it works because the pain of migraines are caused by swelling blood vessels and brain tissue and holding ice against the roof of your mouth cools the blood which reduces swelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.